Sign in to follow this  
Unrustled jimmies

DayZ 2017 Upcoming features (Sleep and Weight system)

The sleeping system seems a bit terrible. I'm not talking about the animation but does a normal person sleep like 10 seconds? Also, if it becomes like in real life, it will be still terrible. The best is to remove sleeping. Just my thoughts.

Kind regards,

Wulfric

Edited by Wulfric
  • Like 1

I personally think there should be beds or a certain item where you can sleep in.No one randomly sleeps on the ground because he's been running for 10 minutes. If you're getting tired, you shouldn't be able to run. Simple as cake

The sleeping system seems a bit terrible. I'm not talking about the animation but does a normal sleep like 10 seconds? Also, if it becomes like in real life, it will be still terrible. The best is to remove sleeping. Just my thoughts.

Kind regards,

Wulfric

Yeah, this really doesn't seem fitting in anyway. The weight system, sure, but isn't that already in the works with the new inventory system for the standalone (correct me if I'm wrong on that one, haven't played catch up on the news lately)?

I think people are getting way to carried away with the dayz features.... Ive seen everything from can openers, to pooping yourself in game..... I like realism but holy shit guys.... come on.

• Like 1

gotta agree with all the above comments..

there is NO need to add in sleep.. if i wanted to expereince sleep in dayZ id simply stay logged out.. same effect.

A sleepsystem tied tied to certain stats or abilities makes more sense. Like the more sleepdeprived u are the less stamina u have.

Yeah, lose the sleep. If I wanted to sleep, I'd log off or go take a nap IRL. Next thing they'll have is a "blow your nose" indicator and you have to find tissues!