Sign in to follow this  
Kati

FPS Issues

I realize there are many topics about this, I realize that I am not the only one. Maybe my problem is different than yours.

Problem: I run about 60 fps on my laptop, but after about 15 players are in the server, I start to get more and more fps drop, all the way to ~10 fps. This amplifies when I walk for a while and load new areas. I have plenty of RAM, my CPU is fine, my GPU is fine, in fact barely any of my processor and RAM is being used when running DayZ full blast.

I've tried changing maxframesahead to 1 in both my arma2 and arma2oa files, this does not fix the problem.

Specs:

8192MB RAM

2722(used)/17218MB(Available) Page File

AMD a6-3400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (4CPUs), ~1.4GHz

AMD Radeon HD 6520G, 4069MB Graphics Card

Thanks in advance.

ugh, just trust me, i have more ram and processing speeds than you and i use it. just follow the steps:)

• Like 1

you see arma 2 take 88% from your HDD, thought most games are very well balanced with gpu and cpu, arma is not, arma runs off of your harddrive if you do not have the -winxp -world=empty -maxmem-2047 and -nosplash in your launch option inside your dayz commander, then you will only be useing 2gb of your RAM thus making the other 8 completely useless. the ram disk is only so you can use everything dayz related to actually use all the ram you have insted of the 2 the applacation gives you the maxmem-2047 command is and extra 2GB of ram.

ugh, just trust me, i have more ram and processing speeds than you and i use it. just follow the steps:)

Thanks for this. It seems it has helped a little. Got any more tips? The fps is still bad at max players.

Do i need to change my launch perimeters for your guide to work?

Edited by Kati

yes i will give you the site with all the information you need. kinda steer clear of the cpucount command unless you get massive rendering problems.

http://community.bis...rtup_Parameters

I mean, I already have perimeters set for my arma 2, but will I need to change them now that I have done your guide?

depend on where you launch dayz from if you do what my guide says you should be good to go

These are my dayz launch perimiters in dayz commander:

-nosplash -noPause -CpuCount=4 -maxMem=8192 -maxvram=4069 -exThreads=7

Is that alright?

ingame settings: is your post-processing effect on? needs to be turned off, same with vsync. Video Memory needs to be at default make sure your 3d res is the same as your interface resolution. keep in mind that "lag" can mean many things,... lol when you launch your game from dayz commander do you turn it off? there is a setting inside the settings tab that says close dayz commander when you start dayz. dayz commander refreshes all the servers which has a huge toll on your bandwidth

-mod=I:\@DayZ -nosplash -world=empty -maxmem-2047 -winxp

that's what mine looks like

Edited by {RoS}ZgraphZ

Check on DayZ commander if you are finding a server near you or even try a private hive for instance. Most server names are different but, there are ones that have the name of the state the server is located in whether you are from NESW locations. Find the problem and see if you can join a room with about 20 people. Then try a room of ten. Server restarts can be vital and there are some that restart every twelve hours compared to others that start every four and when they restart it can greatly increase fps or even latency for that matter. Make sure all your drives are up to date and if you want to go beyond that i guess you could try overclocking a few things. Here is a little guide that helped me back when DayZ was making it unplayable. Ultimate DayZ Graphics Settings and Tweaks Guide | DayZ PvP Blog. Like i said test your connection, if your are using DayZ Commander after finding the server you want out of your personal preferences isolate the server refresh and single click on that server. Is the ping going up any? Maybe refresh it and see what happens and once you find a suitable server of your liking make sure all un-wanted processes including DayZ commander is shut down to give the power the server and engine need.

My post-processing is off, and I have found that I lag EXTREMELY when my 3d resolution is on 100% when there are 30-40 people. I have to put it at 50% to reduce some of it. My v-sync is off. I have followed the guide listed above me

AMD a6-3400M APU, think more u cpu is to low (1.4Ghz)

http://www.cpu-world...s A6-3400M.html

That was my second thought and i should have researched it so mybad. Arma 2 is a resource junkie and loves small cpus for a snack. Try upgrading some components to newer models, if you like give me a price range and i will most gladly find something for you so you can enjoy this mod ^.^

i got a new laptop, Asus k55vj-sx015h:

CPU: i7-3630QM Ivy Bridge ,2.4-3.4Ghz.

GPU: Geforce 635m 2gb vram (which has same performance has a 555m)

Ram: 6gb 1600 MHZ

Hard Drive: 500GB Sata 5400 rpm

Resolution:1366x768

ive already played arma 2 free, to test my fps, high settings i get around 45-55 fps, and i wanna know if i can play dayz standalone with medium graphics.

Edited by Isaac_Clark

These are my dayz launch perimiters in dayz commander:

-nosplash -noPause -CpuCount=4 -maxMem=8192 -maxvram=4069 -exThreads=7

Is that alright?

Um, no. ;) An A6 CPU and you're going for 7 threads? GL. Perhaps start with 5 and if lag still occurs, try 3. idk about using 7 with even a 'real' 4 core :(

Personally., I use 114% 3d resolution with small-interface.

What you don't understand is, I can run the game *perfectly fine*, I almost get 100 fps on all low settings. It's some weird bug that when more people join, I lag

What you don't understand is, I can run the game *perfectly fine*, I almost get 100 fps on all low settings. It's some weird bug that when more people join, I lag

I understand and have been there. Think of it as a mirage ^^

Perhaps that ramDisk program, where Arma 2's folder would be loaded into ram, eliminating the need (or as much-need) to access the hard drive?

Even putting cpuCount=3. Save one of those cpu's for windows? I use 114% 3d resolution..What's bigger numbers do for you?