Sign in to follow this  
EntroX

US6 Server and

hello lads~

i am currently running US6 on an idle box on the datacenter i administrate, we are located in a tier-4 datacenter in south florida.

currently US6 is running on a VM since the hardware req's are that low. i probably will be adding a couple more servers after i gather enough data on the performance footprint a single server runs, we'll see~

i have also been working on monitoring tailored for DayZ servers, i know that some of these stats are generated by several tracking sites but i like to have all the info on a single interface, not to mention it notifies me if the server is down via E-Mail and SMS (not enabled atm, but i use it to monitor my work-related hardware).

i could gladly extend this monitoring service to other server hosters if you are interested in getting this data yourself, just ask here or hit me up on IRC and we can talk about it.

Here are some examples of my current progress:

AQwyE.png

here is the graph of the users in the server (the blank space was a bug on the sed parameters i was using, single digits weren't being displayed properly)

M1zaU.png

here is a recovery notification that my auto-restart kicked in and the server came back up:

J0spc.png

/trox

What's the performance like? Is this only meant for monitoring or will it allow remote administration as well? Is this per-host, or is there any way to monitor all servers at once?

What's the performance like? Is this only meant for monitoring or will it allow remote administration as well? Is this per-host' date=' or is there any way to monitor all servers at once?

[/quote']

Joel, i am monitoring my server via 3 different methods, SNMP (hardware mostly, some OS flags included) NRPE (scripted monitoring, for example interfacing with windows's WMI) and GameSpyV4 (the same way game server tracking sites work pretty much).

I could easily monitor all the servers and even send notifications to specific server hosts if needed, all i'd need is for them to install the SNMP Role on Windows, install the NRPE pack and thats is.

I could already monitor all servers via GameSpy since the query is done on the port where the ArmA2 Server is running.

By the way, all of this is safe, it can (and should!) be limited to a specific IP to do the checks, this can be done easily on both NRPE and SNMP, NRPE via a whitelist and SNMP via a community password and also a IP whitelist.

i have taken us6 down, kinda hard to keep up with you guys.

Entrox, They're putting something called "Monitor" on the servers. It keeps everything running and up to date, such as DayZ files, Ban lists etc. Give that a go :)