cik

What gives with 1.7.1?

I down-loaded and installed 1.7.1 and placed 1.7.1 in my filter, then all the servers I try to join freeze my character upon entry, and the other 80% of servers provide a red "x" when I click on them.

Yea...1.7.1.1

I downloaded from here: http://184.95.47.165/

There are either red 'x's associated with the servers or now Im spawned in the middle of a no-where land.

What gives?

jesus....which one do I download?

I see....ok...never did this before. Does it automatically find the proper file location upon extraction?

you have to use the launcher inside of the expansion>beta folder to launch.

for steam

once the beta is installed navigate to expansion /beta find the arma2 launcher

then go back to the Operation arrowhead main folder and either rename launcher or delete it

then paste the copied shortcut to that folder.

under launch options i have this set up

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash /high -cpuCount=4 -world=empty

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion points to the directory on launch if you use steam to launch combined operations.

-mod=@dayz points to the mod you want loaded in this case Dayz

-nosplash refers to no splash screen on launch saves time loading.

/high set the priority for the process to high on the list of process and tasks.

-cpuCount= is the number of cores you dedicate to running the game. 2/4/6 depending on what you have under the hood.

-world=empty is the background load just shows endless water instead of the amra map. aids in launching faster

hope this povides some help good luck in surviving

yes it auto loads to a folder called expansion.

Still I dont get how to update. I downloaded the Green Update at the top of that page, extracted it and executed it. I thought it would be automatic, but I take it that it isn't.because all the 1.7.1.1 servers are still red "x"s

I have no understanding of any of this:

"for steam

once the beta is installed navigate to expansion /beta find the arma2 launcher

then go back to the Operation arrowhead main folder and either rename launcher or delete it

then paste the copied shortcut to that folder.

under launch options i have this set up

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash /high -cpuCount=4 -world=empty

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion points to the directory on launch if you use steam to launch combined operations.

-mod=@dayz points to the mod you want loaded in this case Dayz

-nosplash refers to no splash screen on launch saves time loading.

/high set the priority for the process to high on the list of process and tasks.

-cpuCount= is the number of cores you dedicate to running the game. 2/4/6 depending on what you have under the hood.

-world=empty is the background load just shows endless water instead of the amra map. aids in launching faster

hope this povides some help good luck in surviving

i did everything you said and when i try to launch the game it says: "error creating direct3D 9 graphical engine". please help what do i do

I think the correct solution, which I didnt see typed, but I stumbled upon is to find "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" executable in the steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead folder and execute it.

We'll see.

/edit...nope.

I think the correct solution' date=' which I didnt see typed, but I stumbled upon is to find "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" executable in the steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead folder and execute it.

We'll see.

/edit...nope.

[/quote']

Have you seen this thread??

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14089&action=newpost

It might have some helpful information...

Read the beta patch page closely' date=' and it becomes obvious :P

[/quote']

so much win xD