Sign in to follow this  
Geralt Of Rivia

Server's Popularity

Me and a friend of mine have recently got a server I just want to know how do you get your server popular? I've had it about a week and a half and the most players I've had was 5. So for all you that host out there that have about 20-30 people all the time, how'd you do it?

My server IP is:67.228.177.177:3034

in case you wanted to check it out

Make a good clear advert and post it in the Private Hive section, remember you're competing with thousands of servers. Link your advert in your signature, that way every time you post it's another chance to let players know about your server.

Build a community. Spend some time thinking about what type of community you want to encourage. Encourage feedback from the players and listen to them, be active as an admin or have an active team and so on....

• Like 2

Just make yourself a nice looking sig and have that link to whatever page you need it to. If you can't figure out how to get it to link gimme a shout and I can do it for you.

Build a community. Spend some time thinking about what type of community you want to encourage. Encourage feedback from the players and listen to them, be active as an admin or have an active team and so on....

Best bit of advice right there, make sure you're active. Having active admins is a huge + and will make all the difference. Most of the anti hack programs out there don't work so having active admins is the best way to keep the server hacker free.

We do have active admins im on all the time. Its just boring as hell being the only one in the game so I just sit in the lobby w/ the admin tag on my name. Another problem is the people that join don't stay and I cant figure out why.