Sign in to follow this  
zak757

What Would You Like to Start With?

I kinda think a map would be nice, in addition to what we already start with (That being painkillers, bandages, torch, and flashlight.) No compass or anything else of that nature. As it is, maps aren't so terribly useful to me considering the fact that by the time I find one, I'm using Shift-Tab (Steam overlay) to look up an even more detailed map while I'm playing, especially when I'm trying to meet up with a friend of mine. If we spawned with one, there would be less reason to alt-tab or shift-tab out to view the map. And the more I'm in the game using in-game resources, the better.

Not that I'm being forced to use an outside resource in the first place. I just think it would be a nice addition.

Everything 1.7.1 but the backpack' date=' but give 2 cans of beans and 2 cokes. Who in their right mind would grab a backpack but not have some food and drink? Solution is to give them food and drink but remove the bag.

*edit was to fix typo

[/quote']

a better question would be, who in their right mind would grab 2 cans of beans and 2 cokes and carry them in their pockets

Fair enough. Keep the bag but add food and water. Why else would you carry a bag ?

I think the most recent update taking away the Makarov was a good idea, but as people here have pointed out, who carries a bag without food/water? My suggested loadout:

1 Coyote Pack

1 Flashlight

1 Baked Beans

1 Canteen (or an Empty Canteen if devs feel like being a bit more cruel)

2 Bandages

[1 Map]

[1 Compass] (Not everyone would typically have the following two items laying around, but it would really help new players get their bearings, and the experienced players don't need it anyway. And, as people have pointed out, it would dis-promote people shift+tabbing to use external maps.)

Realistically, whose got strong painkillers just kicking around in their home? As well, a shaky screen is manageable (especially if you don't even have a gun) until you can find the painkillers. I don't know about you, but every time I've been punched in 1.7.1.1, I start bleeding on the first punch. Every time. I think this loadout I've described fits realism and mechanics together nicely.

At least 1 morphine injector.

Getting a random broken bone by a zombie sucks. Wouldn't be so bad if morphine spawned more.

Spawning with two mags, a bandage, water bottle, 1 can of beans and a box of matches would suffice. That would be pretty minimal and basic for a bug out bag.

Of course a knife would always exist in a bug out bag, probably more than a pistol if you don't know what you are doing. But that will make people flip out if you give everyone a knife and a gun to start.

Odds are, it may take hours to find a knife or morphine.

No point in starting with nothing, although it's fun to try for a while. The walkers really are more sensitive (frontally) and the murdering bandits that kill for fun out of laziness will always exist.

If it's "such a great idea to start without a gun", then why not add a melee animation script for a knife, and start everyone with just a knife, bandage, water and beans????

-Fleshlight

-Baby Oil

-Twinkies

With these alone, I can survive a zombie apocalypse.