Sign in to follow this  
iPirate

Safe Zone Protection Scripting

First off, I found a few posts close to this subject around the net, but no real solid information.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Safe Haven/Anti-Base-Rape script to work in DayZ. (Or something similar)

As requested by our servers community, I have made a trading post/safe zone for the server with the map editor and would LOVE to get this script working to protect the friendly players that adventure to the trading post/safe zone from bandits camping the place.

My main goal is for everyone inside the safe zone to be SAFE. If a friendly is shot, the damage will transfer to the player who SHOT. If the bandit kills the friendly with one shot, he will also die.

What I really need to know is, would it be possible to change the coords from a team "base" spawn point to any actual map coordinance?

A friend who knows more about scripts sent me this message, explaining what I might need to do. Would this be the correct way of going about this?

Quote:

In the mission.sqm file, under class Markers he has defined those 3 points as safe zones, marked by coordinates. (his defined spawn points)

And in the anti_base_rape_hit & anti_base_rape_killed he used those markers as a base point to determine range of the circle.

Thus, if you'd edit the initial coords for the Markers he has defined, you should get a Marker (in the selected position) with this script enabled (defining the range of the Safe Haven)