Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Wizard

How do i ban somebody?

I have a person that is using exploits when he plays on my server and i am trying to ban him but when i log into the server as ingame admin it will not let me ban him. I am unsure what else to do as i cannot seem to find any other way to do this. Any help would be great.

Use some rcon tool or simply write "GUID -1 reason" to bans.txt in server's battleye folder.

for example

GUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUID -1 Script kiddie

Edited by Caine
  • Like 1

I am a new admin and am just getting the feel for the server. So i go into my bans file and add his personal GUID with a -1 correct?

Use programs like RCon and DaRT, they'll help you do this.

• Like 1

Yup, just grab yourself an Rcon tool, it's very quick and easy. There's some download links on the BIS forums and Armaholic, or just Google the 2 Mayu suggested^^

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Downloaded DaRT and tried to log into my server and it just says invalid password. Same thing with BERcon. I know i have already setup the password in my server files but i dont know what else it could be.

Downloaded DaRT and tried to log into my server and it just says invalid password. Same thing with BERcon. I know i have already setup the password in my server files but i dont know what else it could be.

Did you set the password in the BEServer.cfg?