Sign in to follow this  
punisher_1

Beans and your greedy ass

So I was thinking and I don't think anyone ever addressed this issue.

In a game where things spawn often and it's all free why do you feel that you need to kill other players to take their stuff??

This is NOT a post about Carbearing or WTF ever you wanna call it.

It's just that the current game mechanic is to respawn items after they are taken and even though its totally random your going to get more FREE stuff ! Litterly hundreds if not thousands of items spawning and being taken used and or moved to get more. So why kill over free stuff?

Is it conveniance, I kill other players to loot them? ( I'm just to dam lazy to go find my own shit )

Is it because, I can shoot people, so I do?

Or do you just think it is the game mechanic where you must shoot other people out of self defense or thats just how the game is played?

I'm curious to find out what the player base thinks.

Carbearing sounds painful, but it's good to have a way for female survivors to provide vehicles :)

But on a serious note, players will always kill other players for fun. This is lessened when they are in danger themselves, or they have some advantage to not killing you, but still there. You will never eliminate this. Learn to fear survivors. When you have played this game for a while, you get a bit of adrenaline when you even see another player, nevermind hunting them :D

Most of what you said I would agree are the reasons for the mechanic.

It is more convenient if a new player kills a bandit/vet survivor and gets all that char has accumulated, rather than going out and having to get it for themselves. As the game is right now suspicion runs super high. I doubt there is anyone that can say they feel comfortable when they run across another player for the first time. For some people its easier to just kill the other person than to deal with the uncertainty of whether they will make it out of the encounter alive or not.

Last is of course the fact that yes there are tons of items respawning all of the time, but there is a level of rarity in the game, NWA/Stary Sober weapons vs Barn weapons. There's always gonna be the group that says you can survive just fine with barn weapons blah blah blah even if its true, if you get the chance to get a silenced M4 or a DRM or something along those lines most people would ditch the enfield. Worth killing for to some people.

Things spawn often? What version are you playing. Out of the 20 or so buildings i've entered I've found loot exactly twice.

If one day I ever find a gun you can bet I'll shoot anyone I see on sight because that's what they all do to me and clearly that's what the designer has intended.

A lot of gamers get off on destroying the progress of other players. The more you have the more they get personal satisfaction out of destroying. Loot or not doesn't matter.

I played competative sports for half my life so I don't really fit in with that crowd. I think I've got a more cooperate and outplay mentality. Worst death penalty is simply being outplayed.

oh aye aye aye aye ayeeeeee we are the frijoles bandito!

we rummage through your sack while you are on the can

we steal all your beans while we do a little dance

oh aye aye aye aye ayeeeeee we are the frijoles bandito!

Multiple concepts.

Power would probably be my main guess.

Same hypothesis applied to rapists. Majority of the rapists want control over another individual( aka empowerment), not sexual pleasure. Majority of the players want control (aka empowerment), not your beans. Anybody is a potential rapist. Given the opportunity, anybody can become a rapist/pker. Source: Criminology class. =/