Sign in to follow this  
devanlasalla

Buying new PC, need help!

Hey im thinking about buying the alienware x51 gaming desktop, but im not sure how well dayz will run on it, the specs are:

-3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3330 (6M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz)

-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz

-1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache

-NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640 1GB GDDR5

If you could give me an estimate of what settings i could play on without problems, it would very helpfull :)

Don't buy an Alienware :o They used to be great but then Dell bought them and fill them with Dells shitty parts, They are just trading on the good name that Alienware built up.

If you're in the UK and looking for a cheap PC then go here > http://www.freshtechsolutions.co.uk/

I've had several systems from them and mates have used them without any issues.

will do ok

maybe 20fps in cities

although, the graphics card (GT 640) is rather bad by today's standards

Edited by h3retic

I could upgrade it to the GTX 660, would that be better?

I could upgrade it to the GTX 660, would that be better?

GTX 660 would be good, mhmm, and it's pretty much the ideal standard for all current games.

Going to buy a PC and was wondering if this is any good for this game? and what Kind of settings it would run on...

- Corsair CX 430W PSU

- Intel Pentium G620 2.6GHz Processer

- ASUS P8B75-M LX Motherboard

- 4GB Corsair

- XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz Motherboard

- Nvidia GT640 1GB Grphics card

- Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATAIII 7200rpm Hard Drive

New to PC gaming and wondering about it, Thanks.

will do ok

maybe 20fps in cities

dude i have a laptop i7 2.2-3.10 ghz processor (with turboboost), 8gb ram, GT540m and i get 30-40 fps in cities, 27-30 in cherno if its a bad server that hasn't been restarted, although i have tweaked my nvidia settings alot : P

Well, with all these things il have to upgrade (graphics card, RAM) Its going to end up over $1000. Im on a budget of about $700. What machine would get the most out of dayz for about $700?

Going to buy a PC and was wondering if this is any good for this game? and what Kind of settings it would run on...

- Corsair CX 430W PSU

- Intel Pentium G620 2.6GHz Processer

- ASUS P8B75-M LX Motherboard

- 4GB Corsair

- XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz Motherboard

- Nvidia GT640 1GB Grphics card

- Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATAIII 7200rpm Hard Drive

New to PC gaming and wondering about it, Thanks.

You will do fine but i always recommend downloading fraps for checking your fps and tweaking your settings for optimal performance as it makes alot of difference, dont use anti aliasing, shadows and post process etc. Im not sure about your processor but it seems like it will run the game decently since it is a dual core 2.6 ghz ^^

You really should build a computer, you can get a better computer for less than the alienware.

You will do fine but i always recommend downloading fraps for checking your fps and tweaking your settings for optimal performance as it makes alot of difference, dont use anti aliasing, shadows and post process etc. Im not sure about your processor but it seems like it will run the game decently since it is a dual core 2.6 ghz ^^

So if I had a process like, Intel i3 3220 3.3GHz, would that be better?

No problems im running it on the i5 3450 and gtx 650 so you should be good, make sure to have a look at the fps help posts on here and reddit.

Video Memory - Default

Textures - High

Terrain detail - Nomal

Object detail - Normal or low (see what works best)

HDR - disabled

Vsync - Disabled

All the above options are what i turned mine down to so my graphics card wasn't heating up too much, since i downloaded MSI afterburner i can run DayZ on higher settings than what i've listed as that programme turns the gfx fan speed up to keep it cool.

So, you should be able to run it on medium settings with what you were going to buy, but if you upgrade your graphics card you could get better quality at a higher frame rate.