Sign in to follow this  
Gh0st233

How do I enable my DayZ UI? (the option is greyed out)

I'd like to know how to enable my DayZ UI, because I'm interested in my humanity, zombie kills and stuff like that. The option is greyed out in the options menu.

Edited by Gh0st233

You can't, it was disabled in one of the recent patches...

• Like 1

You can't, it was disabled in one of the recent patches...

Any ideas if it will be re-enabled? Is there any way to know my humanity, then?

Also, what does the weapon icon represent? It's sometimes red even if I have a full mag, so it's not that, I suppose.

The Weapon icon represents if your are in Combat or not.

If it flashed Red that means you have been engaged in combat. Either people shooting at you, or a zombie hitting you. Or you firing a shot.

• Like 1

No, it was only there for debugging purposes in the first place. It wasn't intended to be a feature of the game.

The weapon icon represents the new 'combat' system. When you fire a weapon, someone fires a weapon near you or a bullet lands near you it will flash red, indicating that you are 'in combat'. You can't leave the game while in combat. It's to stop people from logging out during firefights to avoid death. :)

• Like 1

No, it was only there for debugging purposes in the first place. It wasn't intended to be a feature of the game.

The weapon icon represents the new 'combat' system. When you fire a weapon, someone fires a weapon near you or a bullet lands near you it will flash red, indicating that you are 'in combat'. You can't leave the game while in combat. It's to stop people from logging out during firefights to avoid death. :)

Very nice, thank you both for the replies.

Although certain servers are able to implement a customized debug menu now.

Yeah, found one, playing on it regularly now, and luckily it's a public hive one. Thanks.