Sign in to follow this  
Honey_Badger (DayZ)

1.7.1.1 yes, Beta Patch no

I've tried 2 different ways to install the Beta patch and each has not worked so far. First time it just crashed repeatedly when I started the game, second I could start the game but when I joined a server it would tell me:

You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable data that has been deleted.chernasus

Could we get an "official" way to install the Beta patch please? Or at least someway that works more consistently?

This is happening to me and a friend too, our server we can't join it on 1.7.1 or 1.7.0, and we have the beta patch, anyone have any ideas?

try to go through this in case you missed something in the guide:

- exit game

- download latest beta (currently 93825), extract anywhere and run executable to install it (just confirm, it does the rest)

- optional step: go to "\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\" and rename "arma2oa.exe" to "arma2oa.bak" for backup

- copy the "arma2oa.exe" from "\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\" to "steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\"

- open steam, right click on ArmA2:OA, click Properties and then Set launch options

- enter "-mod=@dayz -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion" (without the quotes) and click OK and Close

- right click ArmA2:OA and select Launch ArmA2:CO

thanks to xCryonic for the original guide

if you are still having trouble please post exact chain of events, what you are doing, what is happening on screen and when

there are probably other ways to launch it (like with _runA2CO_beta.cmd after some modifications or use some kind of launcher) but I don't know how exactly

also every time after you install a new beta patch you have to do this:

- copy the "arma2oa.exe" from "\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\" to "steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\"

Try using the SIX Launcher (http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5797) it should take care of updating and running the beta for you. If you experience any trouble with it, let us know in the above thread and we'll troubleshoot/fix it asap. :)

It also supports STEAM/Non STEAM installations and takes care of the beta for you. No manual copying over files and all that. Just install the Launcher, select your server (also supports favourites) and click on the big button to play/update.

To be honest I prefer doing it by hand so I can see where (almost) everything is going. Having the 6updater is nice and all but I don't like having another program running in the backround that I can't keep tabs on. I'm kinda paranoid about stuff like that :P

Plus doing it by hand has a strange feeling of accomplishment when I get it all working correctly lol