Sign in to follow this  
bloodywolfpack@msn.com

Umm...vip slot for me?

maybe you can ask for a permission to lock the server for an hour or so for testing

just restart it and lock it for a few mins to test it, then unlock it. after all asking the devs for permission to make sure your server is running properly is silly.

These are made quite obvious in the server FAQ, if you didn't read that before you put up a server than bad luck for you.

These are made quite obvious in the server FAQ' date=' if you didn't read that before you put up a server than bad luck for you.

[/quote']

Last I checked the server hosting FAQ thread didn't say a single thing about the procedure, if any, for what must be done to test your server's functionality before players are allowed to join it. You coming in here and being haughty and arrogant as if the secrets of the DayZ Server Hosting Club belong only to you does absolutely nothing for this community.

Will hosting a DayZ server give me any special privileges?

No, not really. I'm sorry, but hosting a DayZ server only means that you host a DayZ server.

What it can do is give your clan a place to call home, and it will give you an opportunity to participate in and contribute to DayZ. It will also give you a feeling of having done something good. And, on occasion, a lot of frustration.

Most server administrators are quite happy to be part of something a lot bigger, and they are very appreciated for their contributions.

It's right there... please advise if I have missed something.

It may not say "VIP" exactly but I think it's implied by the "no special slots".