skurcey

Illnesses and diseases

-Flu: Can be contracted by staying too long in the rain, or getting near infected players. You character sneeze and snort, wich attract zombies and maybe other players.

-Infection: If you are hurt, you have a chance the wound will infect witout antibiotics / disinfectant. A sever bandaged wound would need to be re bandaged and disinfected every few hours.

-More cheap food, cans less common, and change to have a stomach-ache with low quality food (and uncooked)

-Bugfix: When you are stuffed, you can t eat more. Or you risk stomach-ache. (i ate an entire cow, one day)

-Allergy: A player cant help and need to scratch

-Mental disease: Hallucination (-10k or -15k humanity when day, -7k humanity when night) The player has one so many nasty thing to other players, that he's loosing the sense of reality, and see humanoid shapes, standing in a distance, or sometimes running from a bush to a bush.

-Asthma : The player cant run as long as others and need his asthma vaporiser to be able to breath normally again.

-eating disorder: The players can"t help himself, he needs to eat more tan other players.

-Drug addiction (alcohol addiction) The player need to find drug or alcohol. Or he become nervous.

-Claustrophobia: The character is afraid of staying too long in a closed building.

-Heavy smoker: The avatar must smoke a cigaret every X time and isnt able to run longer.

All the illnesses could be gained from one (or more) way.

-Random at new life.

-Setting up advantage/disadvantage at character creation. (Gain a better weapon, but you need to pay in having a illness too)

-Having a chance to contract a illness when you kill someone and that the difference of humanity between attacker and target is too big.

-Trauma from horrific event ingame.

-Really bad karma.

-Wounds

-Mental disease: Hallucination (-10k or -15k humanity when day' date=' -7k humanity when night) The player has one so many nasty thing to other players, that he's loosing the sense of reality, and see humanoid shapes, standing in a distance, or sometimes running from a bush to a bush.

[/quote']

That must have been the most scary thing I ever heard about. But to keep it balanced players who have +7k humanity need to see my little pony and hello kitty shapes instead.

well i writed rough, but killing people cold blooded drive people nuts. Or they allready are. While people with high humanity dont kill people to get a new makarov, and certainly aim for mind balance. Anyway, it would add a new gameplay dimension that not much game have, and will drive people very cautious on what they think they see. This game, in my eyes, isnt a death match gameplay. Else you would play quake, or unreal ...

Brilliant idea i have just one addition :

-Zombiefication virus (or whatever)

which has a chance to infect the player everytime he is wounded by zombies

can be fought with a special vaccine or antibiotica found in villages and

hospitals and should take a rather long time but turns the victim into a raging zombie in the end.

Cant wait to have an infected in my group and no medication having to decide

to kill him or go into town to get medication.

Haha, good one. But really the idea of illness sounds really great to me - firstly it makes sense, as stated by some people in my thread, and secondly it adds a lot of tension and lots of new worries and survival options.

I just don't think that too many illnesses should be added at this point. I really think that, for now, we'd be fine with common cold getting worse and more serious stuff should be left for later. This is alpha, and there's lots of things to be added and tweaked and making everything complicated from the start will make it unplayable. One step at a time.

Seeing figures in the distance would be freaky as hell. I'm already paranoid enough as it is.

You could counter effects with anti depressive then :D

Awesome ideas.

However, I disagree with the idea of basing Mental Hallucinations off of Humanity. Instead have it develop as a disease if the character gets knocked out by a zombie attack or passes out at below 3000 blood or something.

A cool idea also, would be to avoid common diseases, to force disconnections in buildings, in vehicles or near tents, that could be neat