jinkiro

Server admins abusing their power

I'm not sure if it's against the rules for me to post this here, so I'm sorry if I break any rules in making this post.

A friend and I were in cherno just now on the Atlanta 28 server, and we happened to stumble upon a broken down bus. So we went about collecting what we needed to fix it. During this time we heard players approach in a car, so we hid. A few moments later when it seemed like they'd passed, I crawled out onto the field and proned my way to the bus. When I got there, I was sniped. It sucked, but it's DayZ. Whatever. I respawned near cherno and headed back in. Meanwhile my friend had followed the multiple shots it took for the sniper to kill me and found the building the sniper was in. As the sniper climbed down the ladder my friend opened fire on him with an AK Kobra and killed him. We got the message "Saartyr was killed". He went to the body got a brief glimpse of a ridiculous amount of great items, gps, nvg, rangefinders, toolbox, etc. My friend tried to grab the stuff and immediately we got the message that there was a red chain on both our screens, and no response from the server or whatever that message is. I logged out to the lobby and realized that "Saartyr" had the tag "admin" next to his name. The server went down and has yet to be brought back up. He crashed the server to avoid us looting his corpse. I'm not sure if this is the way admins usually act, but it seemed pretty greasy to me and I wanted to warn other players before they made the mistake of playing on his server too.

Wow what a fucking bitch. Probably some fucking basement dweller who is still yet to be laid. Yeah i would have just bitched at them.

Wow what a fucking bitch. Probably some fucking basement dweller who is still yet to be laid. Yeah i would have just bitched at them.

Yeah, his server is still down as of 30 minutes later. I'm wondering if maybe he's trying to find some way to rollback the server to before he died if that's possible. (I have no idea if it is). That or maybe he just closed it to the public so that he could get all his stuff back and horde the vehicles away somewhere. Whatever other greasy little bitch things he can think of.

Hey I'm a basement dweller who has yet to be laid and I found that offensive ಠ_ಠ.

What this admin did was a dick move, I'd boycott his server if possible.

That has happened to myself before. Killed a guy with the M249 Saw with a sniper and went to loot his body and the server went down and came back up LOCKED. After about 20 minuets I the server came back and I went to check the body and the M249 Saw wasnt there and I got killed by one.

Sure it could be coincidence.

That has happened to myself before. Killed a guy with the M249 Saw with a sniper and went to loot his body and the server went down and came back up LOCKED. After about 20 minuets I the server came back and I went to check the body and the M249 Saw wasnt there and I got killed by one.

It's one of the major flaws with the way our characters carry across multiple servers. Any time we go from a server we know to a different one we risk losing days or weeks of hard work to an abusive or careless admin. This kind of situation is particularly frustrating because I didnt even get the chance to go back for my body since he shut down the server.

Admins like this should be perma banned and have their servers blacklisted. You're going to die at some point in dayz and if you cant man up and accept that at any moment you might lose your equipment to anyone then you dont deserve to play the game and you sure as hell don't deserve to run a server.

That was the first time my friend and I had ever seen a repairable vehicle in game too. It was completely ruined by this administrator. This is the first time I've ever died in DayZ and had no desire to log back on and start fresh. It pretty much kills it knowing that admins can do this and get away with it.

Dick move on the part of the admin if this is true.

Should have been posted in the Server section of the forum though.

As a fellow server admin, I feel it is important to point this out when it happens. Especially if it happens so egregiously as this. Everyone in this game needs to accept that they will die at some point, from another player, a bug, or exploding vehicle.

In the future, try to take screenshots if at all possible. Some of my community members have been falsely accused of hacking, with elaborate stories to back it up, only to be proven false.

You realise that dead bodies despawn when the server is restarted yeah? How does that benefit the admin?

Also it may be the fact that he was waiting till death to update/do some maintenance on the server?

Too many nubs jumping to conclusions. The world doesn't revolve around you...

actually cm. if the server immediatly goes down after someone dies. it does not have time to send the update to the hive to tell it that said player died.

= person never actually died despite being killed.

hive updates are slow enough that you can pull it off if you are ready to go.

dafuq? I thought that was fixed ages ago...

Maybe I should start playing dayz so I can restart the servers when I get shot :D

Lol. My friend can kill you near bus but you disconected from game before death.

Our server stopping after 1-2 min. for all night after my death and you can check my backpack. And my 2 friends with SVD can kill you and give me back my items, but we lost all, because server discont and my loot disappered.

The next time i think i will ban you on our server if you disconect before death.

"You realise that dead bodies despawn when the server is restarted yeah"

It's one of the major flaws with the way our characters carry across multiple servers. Any time we go from a server we know to a different one we risk losing days or weeks of hard work to an abusive or careless admin. This kind of situation is particularly frustrating because I didnt even get the chance to go back for my body since he shut down the server.

Hmm I find this more often than not that I end up being screwed by ghosters and not by others.