srvrsyde

DELETED BY USER

they are not zombies as in rise-from-the-dead zombies.. they are people infected with a disease.. but it's the easiest way to describe the symptoms

not sure how that affects their "brain power" though, just wanted to clear that up

it's still a disease that should affect their brain. regardless of what brand of zombie they are, they still lumber around not doing much, clearly they aren't that bright.

There is a "gap" between what player want, what dev team can do and the game engine limits.

zombies in dayz still got the arma 2 limits...

There is a "gap" between what player want' date=' what dev team can do and the game engine limits.

zombies in dayz still got the arma 2 limits...

[/quote']

ah, yeah i was wondering about the engine limits. if it can support making a camp fire, i think it should be able to support AI navpaths and the duration of an AI's attention to the player. and by should, i meant i'd like it to, not that just because it can support X that it will support Y as well.

I agree mostly with the distraction, I just wish the zombies had better AI, maybe different sets of speed because I personally think them being faster than you is insane, maybe the same speed but never get tired... Also I think whilst starting without a weapon there should be maybe melee weapons implemented just having them being much more common OR have a way to be able to shake zombies. Maybe by closing a door and having them destroy it? The only way I can currently escape without a weapon is a ladder then camp for help.

I agree mostly with the distraction' date=' I just wish the zombies had better AI, maybe different sets of speed because I personally think them being faster than you is insane, maybe the same speed but never get tired... Also I think whilst starting without a weapon there should be maybe melee weapons implemented just having them being much more common OR have a way to be able to shake zombies. Maybe by closing a door and having them destroy it? The only way I can currently escape without a weapon is a ladder then camp for help.

[/quote']

i like that in left 4 dead, the zombie just break down the doors that are in their way instead of opening them

Empty tins

Empty bottles

Flares

Chemlights

Smoke Grenades

You want more things to distract them with?? The idea is to not aggro them in the first place unless you have a means of defending yourself

What about the smoke grenade? Saved my life more than any gun in the game.

I might also add that I took out a pro when I was a beginner when he had AK and I had only a flare and a smoke grenade, wont tell you how tho cuz its my secret, but you prolly know what to do. ;)

I think the zombies should have a range where they will give chase and when they eventually give up running after you. It is an issue that zombies will continue to chase you no matter how far you run until you are dead. This isn't just a problem with running, it happens when driving too.

Last night buddies and I were driving in a jeep. We passed through a town and had no idea if we attracted zombies or not. We drove half way across the map and stopped in another town to get supplies. We took care of the zombies around the town but then suddenly we were swamped by a huge horde that came out of nowhere.

To most this sounds cool, to me it sounds unbalanced

Have you seen the movie 28 days later? It aint unbalanced, its just fun and makes you unsafe where ever you are, for example:

I was running from 10 zombies, I went up a hill as they can only walk I felt safe, ran cross a big plain field, looking back, nothing, running some more, looking back again and I see zed after zed appear from the woods behind me chasing me and I was like OHSHITWUTTHEFUCK and I had to take shots at them, didnt had so much bullets so I ran until I found shelter. THIS is how its supposed to be, I dont think messing around too much with the zombies will be good, just make them bugfree but dangerous as hell as it is the main "mob" in the game.

This IS a survival a game, like it or not but it might not just suit you. Some games are ment for some while others isnt, keep this in mind.

unbalanced is not being able to outrun a zombie. If there is a disease affecting the neurological system it STILL would not make them stronger or faster unless it made them secrete adrenaline/noradrenaline and THAT runs out pretty fast. I think they should be slower, dumber, able to be outrun and easier to sneak by... and then i'd be satisfied with very few weapons

Also, making them slower but making MANY more of them would be a better balance I think. THen you can get weapons... but will you have enough ammo?

Empty tins

Empty bottles

Flares

Chemlights

Smoke Grenades

You want more things to distract them with?? The idea is to not aggro them in the first place unless you have a means of defending yourself

can you use any of what you listed to distract them while they're chasing you' date=' barely two feet away from you? because i haven't been able to. so yeah, i'd like them to be more distracted. i'd like them to pick a goat over me when i lead them past one so i can get away.

Have you seen the movie 28 days later? It aint unbalanced, its just fun and makes you unsafe where ever you are, for example:

I was running from 10 zombies, I went up a hill as they can only walk I felt safe, ran cross a big plain field, looking back, nothing, running some more, looking back again and I see zed after zed appear from the woods behind me chasing me and I was like OHSHITWUTTHEFUCK and I had to take shots at them, didnt had so much bullets so I ran until I found shelter. THIS is how its supposed to be, I dont think messing around too much with the zombies will be good, just make them bugfree but dangerous as hell as it is the main "mob" in the game.

This IS a survival a game, like it or not but it might not just suit you. Some games are ment for some while others isnt, keep this in mind.

it's totally unbalanced when zed's from two cities away are still following you. i'm all for needing to run far to get away from a pack chasing you, but it's total bullshit when you can do nothing but run for hours because they don't tire or get distracted or get lost, all because you're spawning without a gun anymore.

can you use any of what you listed to distract them while they're chasing you' date=' barely two feet away from you? because i haven't been able to. so yeah, i'd like them to be more distracted. i'd like them to pick a goat over me when i lead them past one so i can get away.[/quote']

Just yesterday I managed to get 10-15m between me and the ones chasing me by vaulting a fence. Sure I took a hit or 2, but it sure beat dying

You can also run through a house/shed/barn, up a steep hill or run along the docks of a coastal town (not 100% tested on this one)

can you use any of what you listed to distract them while they're chasing you' date=' barely two feet away from you? because i haven't been able to. so yeah, i'd like them to be more distracted. i'd like them to pick a goat over me when i lead them past one so i can get away.[/quote']

Just yesterday I managed to get 10-15m between me and the ones chasing me by vaulting a fence. Sure I took a hit or 2, but it sure beat dying

You can also run through a house/shed/barn, up a steep hill or run along the docks of a coastal town (not 100% tested on this one)

i have varying experiences with shaking some chasers, but i've found a bug where running on a pier or into a firehouse will force the zeds to walk. other than that, they are always very close to me, enough that trying to vault over anything gets me enough hits to start bleeding, wasting blood while they're chasing me still.

Great idea! i agree with you 110% the zombies are too "smart". The chances of an intelligent human finding out that another being went behind a wall, down the stairs, to another barn, behind another hay stack is WAY TOO DAMN COMPLEX. zombies you could say are now a bit "too smart". so lets change this!

Wait what?! You can use those empty bottles to distract zombies? I've always ignored those items thought it was just a prop

I think the zombies should have a range where they will give chase and when they eventually give up running after you. It is an issue that zombies will continue to chase you no matter how far you run until you are dead. This isn't just a problem with running' date=' it happens when driving too.

Last night buddies and I were driving in a jeep. We passed through a town and had no idea if we attracted zombies or not. We drove half way across the map and stopped in another town to get supplies. We took care of the zombies around the town but then suddenly we were swamped by a huge horde that came out of nowhere.

To most this sounds cool, to me it sounds unbalanced

[/quote']

I am pretty sure you are running an old DayZ version. Since the old one had them chase you forever. Until you die, or they bug out and disappear.

1.7.1.5 has zombies that will lose you if you get hidden or far enough.

unbalanced is not being able to outrun a zombie. If there is a disease affecting the neurological system it STILL would not make them stronger or faster unless it made them secrete adrenaline/noradrenaline and THAT runs out pretty fast. I think they should be slower' date=' dumber, able to be outrun and easier to sneak by... and then i'd be satisfied with very few weapons

[hr']

Also, making them slower but making MANY more of them would be a better balance I think. THen you can get weapons... but will you have enough ammo?

There have been studies stating that the reason we are the weakest of the primate species is our heightened abilities of Self Preservation and the ability that humans have to Second Guess our own abilities and decisions.

Take those away and our bodies would be able to react much quicker and with greater strength.

The stories you see and hear of Super Human strength is when pure adrenaline takes over and all doubt and second guessing wither away when.

Zeds lose those abilities, thus they move much quicker as they aren't afraid of shattering bones as they run for their favourite meal.