Sign in to follow this  
esterwogen

Moto Mayhem

Figured I'd share my experience last night on DayZ+ US1.

I spawned in Elektro and quickly got about arming myself and getting my scrounge on. After sweeping the city pretty well I has a G17, an Alice Pack a Crossbow and a bunch of ammo and food I was on the hunt for a more powerful weapon to ward off other survivors/bandits. Heading to the North Fire Station, what did my eyes behold, but an old motorcycle parked in the fire house. I did check the building but did not come up with any more powerful weapons. The bike was drivable, sort of. The back wheel was way red and it could make it up to 24 KMPH if I floored it on flat ground. It would not go up hill no matter how much I pushed it. To make matters worse It was low on fuel.

Now this might not have been the best move, but I decided to take the bike over to the Cherno industrial area to try and find a tire. I know Elektro has it's own industrial area, but I knew if I left the bike in the open it would get snatched and there is a few places to stash a bike near that part of Cherno. So off I went and made a pit stop at the gas station just outside of Elektro to top off the bike. I hadn't made it 3 feet from the bike when some DBag comes zipping around the building bleeding and trailing 6 Zed. I jumped on my bike to get out of there before he stole the bike or got us both killed. DNozzle jumped on the back and kept yelling at me to go faster. The not flooring it top speed was 17 by the way. Now I'm generally a nice guy if I find someone in need, so after wasting precious gas to outpace the zombies I stopped to bandage him before he died.

And yes, you guessed it... My new bed buddy DBagalo jumped on and was gonna leave me in the dust. Sadly you could easily sprint and overtake the bike. So I made to shoot him with the Glock. And then tragedy strikes as a zombie I thought we had lost jumped me from behind. I unloaded two clips at him while trying to avoid the Zed. He then decides he's going to run me over. I'm not sure if I finally winged him or he just ran out of blood but he fell off the bike just as the zombie landed a killing blow on me.

I spawned less than a 2 minute jog from the bodies and the bike, so I started booking it. When I was nearly there ANOTHER doof trained 2 zombies onto me. I ditched him and the Zed and did a wide arc around a low hill to where I had died. DBaggle had driven the bike a dozen meters off the road before dying. And there was my body, all my gear and the bike. I teabagged the shit out of D, got my kit and headed out again. It took a bit of searching, but I did get my tire and more jerry cans for the bike. I finished the play session by heading north and stashing the bike.

Quick side note on the crossbow. I think it's now my favorite weapon. Well definitely favorite in DayZ+ considering a Zed heard me eating beans from a half block away while I was in a house. The crossbow is silent, you can find plenty of ammo anywhere, and you can recover your bolts. I prolly dropped 30 Zed last night with only the crossbow.

Edited by esterwogen