integ3r

Suggestion: Respawn on tent

Death is quite fatal and demotivating. If you atleast spawned at the tent (if you had one) the whole life you just played wouldn't feel so wasted.

I mean, currently tents last 48 hours anyway, the only difference is that you need to run absurd distances to get to it.

yes but it also stores any item you want for those 48 hours and goes on through death. What you suggest would have players placing tents near high loots zones to respawn and instantly regain SPAWNED loot not just stored loot.

I thought about it, but in the end it doesn't matter much. Having a tent in high traffic areas (read: popular loot spots) means your tent will easily be found and stolen from.

But, I wouldn't mind if other players could destroy a tent. Or flag it for deletion within 24 hours.

Yes but you don't need to use the tent to store anything, you can set it in a HIGH LOOT ZONE like near the barracks on the airport and simply run there to get new loot.

The tent would effectively be a travel hack at that point.

So what? If you could destroy the tent it's pretty much guaranteed that it will be destroyed if put near say NWAF.

I think this is brilliant for team-playing, it would make "player camps" actually feasible and encourage co-op behaviour whilst at the same time would introduce new game mechanics (namely bandits raiding survivor camps or vice-versa).

no, with the new spawning system (without gun)

being able to spawn back at a loot spawning place and finding a gun (or looting the gun you put in the tent earlier) is just to easy.

i ran back to my body yesterday attracted alot of zombies took a few big risks, while i still enjoyed the game.

maybe more variable spawns but no spawning on "own set locations"

You " new " character is not supposed to be related to the previous one.

So, no.

Too easy? Well you already found a tent, put it in a safe location, left your gun in it, gone off in search of another gun.

It really isn't much easier than say, running into cherno and checking houses for a makarov or something...

And who really cares about related? Does it matter in any way? You could just leg it to your tent. The only difference would be a long walk. It's not like the tent disappears when you die. It's not like the tent loses the loot. It's not like it changes location. You know exactly where you put it with your dead "unrelated" character.

Too easy? Well you already found a tent' date=' put it in a safe location, left your gun in it, gone off in search of another gun.

It really isn't much easier than say, running into cherno and checking houses for a makarov or something...

[/quote']

look at what you just said and tell me why "running into cherno and checking houses for a makarov or something" is not good enough?

Too easy? Well you already found a tent' date=' put it in a safe location, left your gun in it, gone off in search of another gun.

[/quote']

look at what you just said and tell me why "running into cherno and checking houses for a makarov or something" is not good enough?

Because eventually I'll just run off to my tent anyway. That's where I have my car engine parts and wheels and backup weapons bloodbags and morphine. All I want is to make it less dull by having to waste time running across the map.

[/quote']

Because eventually I'll just run off to my tent anyway. That's where I have my car engine parts and wheels and backup weapons bloodbags and morphine. All I want is to make it less dull by having to waste time running across the map.

you still need to take a risk to run back to your tent, thats the whole point.

IN THEORY, this idea is brilliant. But you shouldn't respawn at your tent, there should be another item, or some other step required for you to complete in order to respawn there. say maybe a bigger structure that requires at least more then one person to construct, that way, if everyone dies in your squad or group, or the building/construct is destoryed, everyone loses. Plus it means that you cant have that one guy respawning out on his own in the wilderness.

[/quote']

you still need to take a risk to run back to your tent, thats the whole point.

What risk? Running through the forest navigating with a map on a second screen to avoid all zombies? There is no risk.

@Vyktar: Not a bad idea. A tent might admittedly be too easy, but teamwork should be encouraged. Or tents could simply be made more rare.

Travel is definately debilitating currently. Takes hours/days to work your way up north and have a reasonable chance of surviving when you get there. But...

If you could spawn at your tent, it suggests that your are the same person coming back to re-equip at your tent. DayZ forces all players to spawn in the same areas on the beach with virtually nothing because the idea is that if you die... that character is DEAD. He's not coming back. You're then playing a NEW character. The fact that he has the same name is a distraction from that truth.

You could I suppose suggest that spawning at your tent suggests that your "clan/faction" has recruited a new survivor member, but I still like the idea that "Dead means DEAD" better.

I notice here that the problem is not repsawning it's "Wasting time running across the map".

Aka making a dash for NWAF for all the shinest of loot. Which is fine. This just highlights the fundamental flaw of having areas such as NWAF farmable for highest-end loot.

If loot was better distributed, and you felt that you a chance (even the tinest little bit) to find an M16 in a lighthouse; would you feel that respawning is less about the dash to NWAF, and more about exploring areas that have otherwise been regarded as utterly pointless?

Perhaps rather than a spawn point, a quick travel option could be associated with tents (at a fee in time of course) or perhaps you could set an option to travel to a tent when you disconnect from a server (at a bigger fee in time).

Dillu

Edit: gotta say I agree Scerun, perhaps more hunting shacks etc. could have an improved chance of higher grade weaponry.

here is my take..

What I think is being missed here is that *wasted* time walking back to your tent/body might not be *wasted* time for another player.

In other words so that time you have to hoof it back to your tent might be the time Joe Explorer finally gets a chance to move to the NW airfield and the fact you were having to go somewhere else he might have avoided a chance encounter and possible death. Put in fast travel and then noone is ever going to leave the hot spots.

I personally don't like the idea of having areas like the NW airfield where almost guaranteed high end gear is going to pop up, but it sort of balances itself in that so much PVP goes on there I assume.

So in short fast travel might be easy mode and a time saver for you, but for the same players playing around you (during this same time) it isn't quite fair, especially for newer solo players who aren't grouping up or have a group of guys hording weapons.

Also your taking away the whole challenge of having to get back to your tent/body and even though it might seem like a mindless wasted amount of time there is always that chance encounter with Mr Murphy's Law.

@kwhy

this is exactly what i meant, only i was a tad to lazy (and busy) to write it.

What risk? Running through the forest navigating with a map on a second screen to avoid all zombies? There is no risk.

Only the pain of walking 30 minutes to 1hr to get back to your tent and IMO it's not enough.

If everyone just respawns at their tents, the fear of dying is almost 0. Your going to have more people running around blowing guns off at every whim and killing people because you can easily respawn at your site if you die.

The punishment for death is already weak IMO. This would just turn it into generic shooter number 86.

lol

we also could keep all the gear we had before dying. why not?

here is my take..

What I think is being missed here is that *wasted* time walking back to your tent/body might not be *wasted* time for another player.

In other words so that time you have to hoof it back to your tent might be the time Joe Explorer finally gets a chance to move to the NW airfield and the fact you were having to go somewhere else he might have avoided a chance encounter and possible death. Put in fast travel and then noone is ever going to leave the hot spots.

Finally someone with brains.

This is a legit concern... But in combination with loot spread that you're suggesting (IMO, helicopter crash mechanic is pretty good), tent respawn shouldn't make this a problem. The barracks should have normal military loot while high end gear is randomly spread to reward joe the explorer.

NO

rather have a 10min serverban after death or better gear for people who spawn after not having played for 2hours