Sign in to follow this  
TacticalTiger74

What Does Dayz Look Like On Medium?

I had to turn my settings down to 'normal' to play SurviveDayZ mod smoothly and it didn't look awful. Normally play on a mix of high/very high.

It's when you start putting things on 'low' and dropping your screen res below 1280x720 that it starts looking bad.

Edited by mZLY

What Settings and fps should i set with this setup (this is my build so any additions for a better comp would be awsome)

quad core q6600 intel processor, 8gb of 1333 MHz ram, 550ti evga video card, asus motherboard ill check number, 550 watt modular power supply, blue led CPU cooler, zalman z11 plus case, 500gb weserten digital hard drive and also a 120 gb vertex 3 SSD

If you could get a better CPU or even just a really solid heatsink fan and overclock that one a bit you'd probably run the game pretty smoothly on 'normal', it's definitely the CPU that will be holding you back.

Well if you could stretch to a newer CPU like an i5 then do that, it all depends on your budget really though.

I'd say probably most stuff on high and the stuff like antialiasing, HDR and shadows that eat a load of FPS on normal. High enough for the game to look nice anyway.

If you get an i5, that should be running pretty good on high. i got an i5, and I can run very high settings easily on 30-40 fps.