Sign in to follow this  
gclark39

I cam across a hacked box

I just bought dayz a day ago. I came across this box and it had some items in it. (A medical box I believe) and took some stuff that was in it. Well my friend later told me that a hacker spawned it, I had no idea that was the case. Will I get banned? I never knew it was a hacked item.

No, you will not get banned. You will only be banned if you use a script to spawn the items yourself.

Next time take a sachel charge out of it and blow the thing up :)

If it said "medical box" odds are that it was legit, and in a hospital or in an area that an admin set it to spawn at if it was a "Private Hive". It should've only had morphine/antibiotics/bloodbags/bandages/epi-pens in it. If it was an "Ammo Crate" with like 10 of every gun or something, then yes it was hacked but no you won't get banned unless you spawned it yourself. However, people tend to look down on those who take guns and ammo from the hacked-in crates (with good reason). You should be fine :)

Satchel is the most fun, set up a line of them and then set the 30 sec timers and run like fuck :)

Interesting my friend actually picked up a hacked weapon and got global banned, but that was a while ago.

Interesting my friend actually picked up a hacked weapon and got global banned, but that was a while ago.

I think he did more than pick it up, lol.

I've had an L85 that I found in a very suspicous looking tent for months on the main hive and I've not been banned.

I think he did more than pick it up, lol.

I've had an L85 that I found in a very suspicous looking tent for months on the main hive and I've not been banned.

I think what he said was he found a hackers tent and picked up a mp5 and it had like increased damage and he shot some zombies and got banned or something

It sounds like he cheated and didn't want to own up TBH. ^_^

Even with a script you can't change weapon stats AFAIK.

Be wary though, when I first started playing this game I found one of those, I didn't know it was hacked, I just thought I had gotten really lucky, I took a m4 cco sd and a pdwsd and the admin instantly banned me. So yeah, battleye won't ban you, but, an admin most certainly will

Next time take a sachel charge out of it and blow the thing up :)

i tried this serveral times nothing happend to the box