Sign in to follow this  
ward

So much for zeds not attacking through walls.

Walked into a barracks and all the doors were closed. As I walked up to door #3 suddenly, zombie aggro. Arms flailing through the wall, and blood is dwindling rapidly. Turns out 4 zombies were having a pow-wow in the room, and didn't take to kindly to my approach. Ended up knocking me down to 2k blood. Well done 1.7.1.

DayZ. DayZ never changes.

The lack of interior raycasting was mentioned in the patch notes.

* [REVERT] Disabling of interior raycasting (will mean some buildings you will be invisible/can't be hit in for the moment as they don't have view LODs)

I took that as you'd be invisible/can't be hit inside some buildings, not that you'd be visible/able to be hit.

that is changelog of the new upcoming hotfix 1.7.1.1

you played 1.7.1

"* Raytracing doesn't work so well inside some buildings at the moment so interiors will ignore raytracing"

Ah, thanks. Why is the whole infected not attacking through walls listed as a new feature when it's not quite working?

Ah' date=' thanks. Why is the whole infected not attacking through walls listed as a new feature when it's not quite working?

[/quote']

I think it was fixed on the AI side, but the raycasting was glitchy in specific locations so they disabled it across the board. The new hotfix patch enables it again, though it's not working properly as you'll be invisible in some buildings. So you won't get hit through walls and some buildings Zeds can't see you.

Ah' date=' thanks. Why is the whole infected not attacking through walls listed as a new feature when it's not quite working?

[/quote']

I think it was fixed on the AI side, but the raycasting was glitchy in specific locations so they disabled it across the board. The new hotfix patch enables it again, though it's not working properly as you'll be invisible in some buildings. So you won't get hit through walls and some buildings Zeds can't see you.

Got it. Thanks much.

By the way, Osiris, testing an alpha means reporting bugs. Just thought I'd throw that out there.