Sign in to follow this  
Spark2211

Holy shit! Everyone has gone insane

Man i knew people liked to kill each other but since 1.7.1 all i hear is gunshots and then some dies straight after! i was in electro for about 5 minutes and i had 6 attempts made on my life, 3 of them i managed to kill and the others i just hid and i also came across at least 20 bodys! Everyones goiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing crazy

It's bandits killing recently spawned survivors...

They have nothing to defend themselves with but a flashlight!

The lack of beans from killing noobs is making everyone go batshit from hunger.

Survivors should be more careful and stealthier. Creep around the outskirts of cities like a caterpillar, inspect cities from afar, spot enterable buildings, crawl yourself through the streets, get equipment and get the hell out.

You can't expect an everyday joe to survive in a post-apocalyptic survival environment with infected roaming the streets.

People are treating this like every other game but this is a mistake. Treat every life you have like it's your last, don't do things you wouldn't do in real life. Be smart, let your instincts guide you and you will succeed.

On a side note ...

I now have 300 flashlights if anyone wants to trade ?

People keep saying this update will make PVP rarer, from my experiences so far, it seems to have made it more common. I spawned, ran around the countryside for a bit, got killed by a zombie I couldn't shake off, spawned again, ran to Chernogorsk (still lacking a gun) and upon arrival I was promptly shot in the mouth by a Winchester.

People used to kill new players just for beans, they're undoubtedly going to kill unarmed players for all the crap they've picked up whilst searching for a weapon. Most freshly spawned hopefuls pick up all the ammo they come across in anticipation of finding a weapon that can use it, they also horde all the junk they come across. They've essentially become sentient, mobile, unarmed bags of loot. This is a massive incentive to kill unarmed survivors. When you finally find a gun, its your Holy Grail. The price of dying has become greater - all the more reason for paranoid players to shoot on sight.

Just my viewpoint, although I do prefer spawning without a weapon. My only gripe is that we don't start with at the very least an empty water bottle. Honestly, what kind of survivor packs bandages, painkillers and a bullet proof vest, but not water? Maybe even 1 morphine, although that might be stretching it.

I have seen that. I did happen to find one guy who allowed me to take some weapons and ammo from the stash he was making, so it is good to see that there are still some people out there willing to help you out. :D

I would suggest we don't jump to too many conclusions on the PvP activity - Obviously right now we have a lot of players killing respawned characters left and right, but will this actually continue or will the bandits move off in search of more profitable kills. At this point it is simply too early to tell.

Give it a week or so to gauge how bad it gets (and remember to always check multiple servers!), then we can see about coming up with suggestions to deal with whatever situation we may end up with.

Clearly you are using your flashlight incorrectly. I have no problems living.

Clearly you are using your flashlight incorrectly. I have no problems living.

I find if you flash your flashlight really really fast on and off in the face of a hostile you have a 1 in 4000 chance that they will have a seizure and you will be able to escape to safety.

Not sure if this works on Zombies though.

People keep saying this update will make PVP rarer, from my experiences so far, it seems to have made it more common. I spawned, ran around the countryside for a bit, got killed by a zombie I couldn't shake off, spawned again, ran to Chernogorsk (still lacking a gun) and upon arrival I was promptly shot in the mouth by a Winchester.

So, you ran to the biggest town in the game, without a gun, and are now complaining because you got shot?

Pro tip dude, Chernogorsk and Electro and deathmatch cities irrespective of spawning gear. You'd have to be a royal idiot to go there without a gun in the first place.

I like how everyone still flocks to cherno and elektro. It makes the start of my new characters so simple, all I have to do is avoid those two towns for any of the other 50 places on the map.

I literally spawned, walked 5 feet from my spawn point, and was shot in the head, easily 3-4 times now. People are killing people not for the bonuses, but for the sake thereof, of ruining other people's times. At this point I think it's more because of the fact that people can't defend themselves than because of the fact that they have anything worth value, I mean, the only things that spawn more than bandages are empty tin cans, and you never need painkillers if you're playing with at least 2 braincells. The new update just makes it harder for players to start unless they join a server with 2-3 other people on it until they get a gun and then join a more populated server (the only way I managed to not get shot in the head in the middle of nowhere), which defeats the whole point of having no gun at spawn.

You know why there are more killings now? Because unarmed people are easier to kill.....

Don't get me wrong, I agree with having no weapon on spawn. However the side effect of that is its much easier for people to run around killing new characters. Before this patch I use to simply avoid other players since I didn't want to have a gun battle and waste ammo with some trigger happy idiot. Now? If I see another player without a weapon I just take them out before they find a weapon and become a threat to me. I know that might sound harash, but I haven't seen many survivors that didn't try to kill me.... so I just shoot first anymore.