Sign in to follow this  
Kerr

Axe Warriors

I'm pretty sure this will have happened to everyone, if not, most people..

Picture the scene..

Your a fresh spawned survivor, minding your own business. You decide to head for the nearest city to gather weapons and supplies. On your way there you stop by a lake to fill up some empty water bottles you found. *Footsteps approach from behind*.. Curious as to what the noise could be, you turn around to find yourself staring in the face of another SURVIVOR mad axe man!

You type furiously in direct chat and speak through your mic telling him several times you are friendly.. he doesn't listen. You run out of breath and need to rest, *WHACK*.. You've just been hit by the axe, you start to bleed profusely. Your vision goes blurry, passing in and out of consciousness.. Your life slips away before you know it. And well, the axe man gets what out of this?

That was my story guys, this is what happened to me. Axe men out there, why do you do this sort of thing? WHY?!

Edited by Kerr
  • Like 1

I have done this my self..... why I do it?................ I actually have no fucking clue <_<

I think the game is far more immersive if everyone wasn't so Call of Duty minded. I have a much better experience when I can interact with someone and THEN have them betray me or befriend me. Most deaths I've experienced thus far have been someone sniping, or just running me over the a car, or peeking/running around a corner and shooting me. No interaction, no nothing. Very unsatisfying.

I like the idea of bandits, but I want those who play bandits to be better at it.

Edited by shadowbaron
  • Like 2

I like the idea of bandits, but I want those who play bandits to be better at it.

So the bandits that run you over with a car or snipe you around a corner sucks at being bandits?

Please explain what a good bandit is because im clueless right now...

Edited by KC Pr3lLoX

I'm pretty sure this will have happened to everyone, if not, most people..

Picture the scene..

Your a fresh spawned survivor, minding your own business. You decide to head for the nearest city to gather weapons and supplies. On your way there you stop by a lake to fill up some empty water bottles you found. *Footsteps approach from behind*.. Curious as to what the noise could be, you turn around to find yourself staring in the face of another SURVIVOR mad axe man!

You type furiously in direct chat and speak through your mic telling him several times you are friendly.. he doesn't listen. You run out of breath and need to rest, *WHACK*.. You've just been hit by the axe, you start to bleed profusely. Your vision goes blurry, passing in and out of consciousness.. Your life slips away before you know it. And well, the axe man gets what out of this?

That was my story guys, this is what happened to me. Axe men out there, why do you do this sort of thing? WHY?!

If you heard a banjo playing in the distance you probably just asked a rhetorical question.

So the bandits that run you over with a car or snipe you around a corner sucks at being bandits?

IMO a 'good' bandit is one who seeks out equally or better geared squads and players in the hope of picking up gear for themselves or to take back to camp, unarmed farmers are griefers at best.

• Like 2

I usually find myself in the same situation though I either have a hatchet already or pick one up while being chased. I then proceed to do the "hatchet dance" with my attacker and usually walk away from the battle.

Edited by Timboski

I'm not talking about being a well-skilled Call of Duty player. I am talking about immersion into a zombie apocalypse, which is what this mod was made for. I don't think it was designed as an FPS for kids to show off their 1337 skills and tea-bag your corpse minutes after you spawn (which is a good majority of the player-base in my experience.) It's supposed to be an RPG more than an FPS.

1. If someone approaches you with an axe, don't sit there and say you're friendly, just run away. You can always turn back if they turn out to be friendly.

2. You NEVER need to stop and rest when someone is chasing you. The only time you need to rest is when you're trying to shoot with accuracy.

3. Aggro a bunch of zombies so if he stops to swing his axe, he gets attacked.