Sign in to follow this  
pr3llox

Children and Women Zombies?

TV shows and films are different to computer games.

In a TV show or a film, the shooting or killing of a child zombie is part of a story and happens within the context of that story. In the case of The Walking Dead, the characters were clearly devastated by Rick being forced to shoot Sophia, the missing girl they have risked so much to find.

Contrast this to a computer game like DayZ, where you can shoot zombies and other players with complete abandon with zero story or context behind your actions.

Imagine the public reaction to seeing a YouTube video of DayZ where a player shoots a zombie child for shits and giggles and then tries to teabag it's body while laughing uncontrollably.

The media will go batshit and the vast majority of people that don't play computer games will call for a ban.

Zombie children don't wield weapons...you kinda went off topic there, this isn't about players being children as far as I can tell, it's about children that are infected and out for blood.

sorry about that. And that is the reason why you do not reply to comments when you are half asleep lol

I see a lot of posts about the media going ape shit about this children zed feature, what country are we talking about here exactly?

Showing violence towards children gets you an M rating if it is in a cutscene. It is actually illegal to make any form of interactive art where the goal is to harm children. (Since they would be zombies, and the game is about killing zombies, your goal would technically be killing zombie kids) So the addition of zombie children would make the game blacklisted by most governments. However, women can be added, I think they haven't because only men have been coded with hostile actions in Arma, so it would require a complete new code for them. And a whole bunch of new skins (There are 5 female skins in arma, 83 males) made from scratch.

What about Edwina/Deadwina in Timesplitters?

If you don't know the game: Timesplitters was an awesome FPS series that is unlikely to continue because Crytek is run by jerks. Edwina is a character who is a (possessed) little girl. Deadwina is a zombified version of Edwina. Both are playable in multiplayer.

Keep in mind that Timesplitters: Future Perfect is a game with a gun that causes enemies to inflate until they explode in to a glorious shower of blood and gore. Also included are throwable bricks, a baseball bat, a harpoon gun, and practically any other kind of firearm from the past, present, or future. Edwina/Deadwina is not immune to any of this. I never once heard a complaint about it, and this is a much more extreme example than what would happen in DayZ.

Legalities aside, I'd like to see children zombies in the game, assuming regular zombies are 'fixed' first. No way in hell I want to try and shoot some tiny zombie zig-zagging at me, but if the dodginess of zombies in general was fixed I think having a smaller, harder to notice target would add more depth to the game.

I'm sure it's been brought up already (didn't read the entire post :o) but the source mod No More Room In Hell includes child zombies, who are in my opinion the greatest threats in the game because they're hard to shoot and harder to notice, since they at most come up to waist height and can slip in with a larger group of adult zombies easily. Female zombies are essentially a given, I believe. The only reason they aren't in the mod proper is because of some weird and difficult ARMA issues that would need to be overcome, and the fact that dev-time is rather precious at the moment.

I can't think of a single game that featured some sort of child-zombie/mutant/alien where the presence of said children detracted from the gameplay at all. At worst, noone will care aside from Fox when they're added, at best they add an entirely new threat to the experience, and a realistic one at that.

Just my two beans.