Sign in to follow this  
ov3rj0rd

Dayz.st vs Survival Servers: switching servers

Hello I am currently with SS and I am thinking about switching over to dayz.st, few things I want to know first.

Is the map tool equal or greater than SS's map tool, can i drag and drop or anything like that?

On the map tool can i see players and vehicles live?

do support tickets get answered relatively quickly?

Are the updates for the maps up to date? Im still with an old version of arma and old namalsk, they promise to update but coming on to day 4 with no update

Do the server restarts actually display messages in game? ive tried BEC and it works after first restart then no warnings after that.

Thanks in advance

Hello I am currently with SS and I am thinking about switching over to dayz.st, few things I want to know first.

Is the map tool equal or greater than SS's map tool, can i drag and drop or anything like that?

On the map tool can i see players and vehicles live?

do support tickets get answered relatively quickly?

Are the updates for the maps up to date? Im still with an old version of arma and old namalsk, they promise to update but coming on to day 4 with no update

Do the server restarts actually display messages in game? ive tried BEC and it works after first restart then no warnings after that.

Thanks in advance

1. Hmm let's see, never used SS so not sure exactly, no drag and drop, but u can add stuff (vehicles etc on the map)

2. Yes you can see live players and vehicles.

3. Support tickets are very fast. They also have live support via irc which is even better.

4. yes, maps get updated regularly, as do arma updates and patches.

5. Yes there are warnings on restarts. I believe 30, 10, 5, 1 minutes before parch.

DayZ.ST is awesome, been with them going on 3 months and I am extremely pleased. DO IT! :)

The benefits of switching far outweigh what SS is currently offering you.

I would highly recommend dayz.st providing you want everything done for you or you want to run other maps.

But I am starting to get a little frustrated with dayz.st now with the lack of FTP access, this is something SS offer.

I have been with both SS and DAYZ.ST and DAYZ.ST wins hands down for me.

I had SS, will NEVER go back. Constantly down, never had a stable server with them.

Moved to DayZ.st , never really had a problem with them, Map interface is great. Only issues is the DDos attacks, but its not here fault.

I have had a great experiance with DayZ.ST