Sign in to follow this  
rossasaur

Will the method for setting up stand alone servers differ from the mod servers?

Title says it all really. I'm looking to set up a server hosting company and the first servers we plan on hosting are DayZ ones.

• Like 1

It will probably differ in the setup, since the entire architecture of the game and information control has changed. How much so remains to be seen, or answered.

Edited by Cdrive
  • Like 1

Thanks, looks like I will just need to wait till the release of standalone to get the servers up and running :)

Would be an interesting departure from traditional MMO server hierarchy, instead of everyone paying 10 or 15 dollars (or buying microtransactions) to finance servers maintained by the dayz staff, players instead pay a flat entry price and pay for (and maintain) the servers themselves in exchange for access to the hive.

They're asking the bigger companies that have been hosting DayZ mod servers, I don't think they want to make the server files too openly available.

Aah well I can understand their unwillingness to share, perhaps once I have the website setup etc. I can send an email to one of them and try and arrange something, and thanks for the link Be4st!