AbstractVision

Want to start a friendly small tactical unit - Respectful & Mature Only - Newbies Welcome - (Anti-Hacker/Bandit)

Greetings, as the title suggests I am interested in forming a group of mature like minded players to enjoy DayZ with. I would like us to have some missions to accomplish which we will come up with on our own. As well it would be nice if we could incorporate individual roles within the group in addition to our tactics and strategies.

My goal is to show players out there that you don't have to be a bandit and that fun can be had without greifing other people.

There is much negativity currently surrounding DayZ and when you get killed minutes after spawning/joining a new server it is frustrating and annoying. We will no doubt gain the attention of bandits, hackers, and greifers however I do not want this to stop us from enjoying the game the way we want to play it.

Some of the ideas I've had for this small tactical unit include:

Roles- Sniper/Medic/Recon/Infantry/Light Machine Gunner/ect.

Missions- Taking over a town/Creating a medical and supply station/Finding and repairing a vehicle to escape with/Creating a fort or base/Extracting a VIP/ect.

There is no limit to what we can do, this is a sandbox game after all. I encourage those interested to share their thoughts, ideas, and opinions.

Interested yet? Good!

To help speed this up and to weed out those not commited I'm going to include a short application process. Anyone 18+ is capable of joining however if I feel that you would be detrimental in any way to the group as a whole expect for me to deny you.

-Our goal first and foremost is to have fun, We need to understand this is just a game.

-Absolutly no disrespect will be tolerated, I'm not even going to spell this one out for you if you slip up you're gone.

-Yes you can be a complete noob to DayZ but if you're serious about playing it doesn't matter.

-Yes you can have a life and other responsibilities. Children, babies, wives, chores, jobs, are all okay. We're not going to be that hardcore.

-Maybe you're a bandit right now and you're getting tired of the senseless greifing, good! Change your ways and apply.

This group will have a strict no hacking/cheating policy. That means no glitchs, bugs, duping, hacks, third party modifications, ect.

Just to make sure you understand...

This group will have a strict no hacking/cheating policy. That means no glitchs, bugs, duping, hacks, third party modifications, ect.

Ect. covers anything else that gives you an unfair advantage. I'm not going to discuss the ethics of exploitation or unpatched bugs, you've been warned.

Recruitment Application - Please copy and paste then fill in with your information. The example information provided is my own.

Current in game name: Insomniac

How long have you played DayZ: About 4 months

Preferred voicechat software(s): Teamspeak, Skype, Mumble

Preferred Position/Role: Recon/Medic (Feel free to make up your own, I certainly didn't provide every possibility above)

Reason for wanting to join this group: Games are fun by yourself but never as fun as they can be with friends. As well its a bit depressing when you cannot trust anyone you see because of the negativity currently surround DayZ. Ask almost anyone and they will all say shoot first ask questions later and that isn't how I like to play.

Can you bring anything unique to this group: Examples of this would be youtube recording, after actions reports, you host a private server, you have a personal voicechat server, you're the best sniper in Arma2, you've memorized the map, you're a professional comedian and will keep the group entertained for hours, ect.

Weaknesses: For me its my wireless internet, it has times where it will lose signal and I'll be yellow or red linked for a few minutes. Also I'm pretty unfamiliar with Steam as this is the only game I play on it. For you this could be anything from being a complete noob, having children to attended to, only having a few hours one or two nights a week to play, or whatever else.

Other: If there is anything else you would like to add that wasn't covered above please include here or in seperate paragraphs.

Thank you for sharing your time with me and I hope to see some positive replies back!

Please post applications in this thread to generate additional interest.

I will respond to all replies in no more than 48 hours but probably less than 24 hours.

• Like 9

Sure sounds like a good time

Current in game name: Steam name is DimSum618

How long have you played DayZ: A few days ='[

Preferred voicechat software(s): Teamspeak, Skype

Preferred Position/Role: Recon, Assualt, Entertainer

Reason for wanting to join this group: Looking for a group to play with and also teach me the ropes. Running solo loses it's appeal when you get destroyed by snipers and bandits.

Can you bring anything unique to this group: I vow to bring laughter, joy and presents too all group members.

Weaknesses: Wireless internet is buggy at times and I'm only on at night. 2000 and later (8pm)

Other: I like to have fun and get weird

• Like 1

Current in game name: Lordfeather

How long have you played DayZ: Bout a month

Preferred voicechat software(s):Team speak, skype

Preferred Position/Role: Looter, driver, recon, medic

Reason for wanting to join this group: Just looking for people to play with

Can you bring anything unique to this group: The elements of harmony xD and about 4 other players I also know Cherno inside out

Weaknesses: Time zone *GST*

Other: I know lots of good spawns ^_^, skype=Lordfeather Steam is =T$E= Lordfeather

DImSum618 - Approved!

I'd be happy to show you the ropes, thanks for getting this thing started!

TheLordfeather - Trial period!

We'll run together a couple times and see how it goes. I'd prefer to keep this group full of older members with similarities jobs, kids, businesses.

Everyone deserves a shot though, given that you spent your time to fill out the application the least i can do is give you a chance.

The time zone difference may also be a problem, you're 9-12 hours ahead of us. So its 10pm here its 7am your time.

Current in game name: Kevin

How long have you played DayZ: A little over 2 months

Preferred voicechat software(s): Teamspeak, Skype, vent

Preferred Position/Role: Infantry/Recon, (chopper pilot, I can fly it ok since I tried the training in arma 2 lol)

Reason for wanting to join this group: I just got back into DayZ after taking a break for a few months. Everyone I used to play with has moved on to other things. Playing alone can get boring at times since I'm really into teambased play.

Can you bring anything unique to this group: My charming personality obviously.

Weaknesses:I'm a bit rusty from not playing for a few months and I need to work on my snipping skills.

Other: I'm in an Eastern timezone,

contact information

steam:o0ledzeppelin0o

• Like 1

Hello, I am currently playing on this one server with this group BLOOD, it is a fairly new Celle server with low times such as 5 players to hot times with 30+ players, we are looking for a guy to join our team speak and start his own opposition side to face us! We currently have around 15-20 members and I think you could reach that really quick. We are all mature and take the game pretty serious, but not too much, we still like to have fun... You would of course get permissions for team speak, have ranks, and can set up channels as you wish! Give me a heads up if your interested!

KevinWins - Approved!

Thank you for taking your time to fill out the application. I'll contact you via PM with contact info for the group.

Accobra4me - Sorry but I don't think that is something I'm currently interested in. Should our group grow enough to support that kind of play I'll contact you then. Thanks for considering us!

Current in game name: Alex

How long have you played DayZ: About 5 months on and off

Preferred voicechat software(s): Skype, Mumble, Vent, etc.

Preferred Position/Role: Sniper/Recon/Whatever is most needed for the situation

Reason for wanting to join this group: Currently in the process of receiving parts for my new gaming PC. Played this game quite a bit by myself on my laptop and really enjoyed it. I've seen a ton of youtube videos showing how much fun teamwork can be and would love to experience that myself. Looking for a group of people to play with.

Can you bring anything unique to this group: I'm easy to work with and could help lead a team if necessary. I'm known to be funny so provided my Alice Pack has the required space, I'll be sure to bring laughter.

Weaknesses: School may get in the way if I have a test coming up. Best time for me to play during weekdays is after 9 p.m. eastern until whenever.

Other: Won't be up and running with my new PC until probably the 18th. Also haven't played DayZ in the last month or 2 but I will pick it up pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Current in game name: Preston

How long have you played DayZ: About 2 months

Preferred voicechat software(s): Teamspeak, Raidcall

Preferred Position/Role: Scout/Recon

Reason for wanting to join this group: Well I took a little break from DayZ due to our last clan breaking down due to drama and all that. I really feel this is a group I could do good in.

Can you bring anything unique to this group: I'm the kind of guy who knows when it's time to get down to bussiness, but Im also laid back and can have fun to.

Weaknesses: I struggle at times with direction, I've also never flown or attempted to snipe.

Other: Umm, I'm not sure, other than I really hope to be able to join up with you guys! [EDIT] I'm also away from my main computer until sometime in the afternoon or later on Saturday.

Edited by Preston1
  • Like 1

Current in game name: ShellFall

How long have you played DayZ: 1 month

Preferred voicechat software(s): Skype

Preferred Position/Role: Pilot, Driver, Leader, Fighter, Utility, Fun Finder?

Reason for wanting to join this groupR: I love video games and I love Dayz. However playing with other people makes games more enjoyable( especially in the case of DayZ). This sounds like a fun idea/group so lets get this party started. Also I HATE hackers and cheaters

Can you bring anything unique to this group: I tend to have a level head when it comes to high pressure situations and know when it is better to fall back for the sake of survival. However I am willing to risk all and my gear in effort to save a teammate if need be. Also, im with DimSum, laughter and fun should be had!

Weaknesses: I have not had a lot of experience at sniping, even tho I like doing it.

Other: I do have school and work so I wont be able to play much during the day(except on weekends) and will most be on during the evening and night.

Edited by ShellFall
  • Like 1

Shaggy756 - Approved!

Looking forward to playing with you when you get your new PC running. If you need any help feel free to PM me or catch me on skype, as I build and do PC repairs myself.

Preston1 - Approved!

Thanks for considering us, I understand how it can be when drama gets started within a group or clan. I've run with some younger groups and thats usually what happens, something I want to avoid given this group of somewhat older individuals.

I'll contact both of you via PM shortly with ways to get in touch with the rest of the group. Thank you!

• Like 1

ShellFall - Approved!

Thank DimSum for me for sending you over here, I'll contact you shortly via PM with info to reach the rest of the group.

ShellFall - Approved!

Thank DimSum for me for sending you over here, I'll contact you shortly via PM with info to reach the rest of the group.

Thanks for accepting me! oh and DimSum didnt send me, I just meant I liked his style and that he found having fun and laughter is important. lol

Shaggy756 - Approved!

Looking forward to playing with you when you get your new PC running. If you need any help feel free to PM me or catch me on skype, as I build and do PC repairs myself.

Very excited to be accepted! Looking forward to working as a team. From the looks of it, we have a pretty fun squad here!

Before I waste both of our time, would you be willing to accept a complete newbie? I am quite literally just purchasing the game and wouldn't want to impose by being the guy in the back going "How do I aim again?".

• Like 2

Masinini - Yeah thats cool man don't worry about it, just fill out the application so we know a little about you and I'll send you contact information afterwards.

We'll show you the ropes and the basics.

Current in game name: Will be "Masinini"

How long have you played DayZ: None!

Preferred voicechat software(s): Teamspeak

Preferred Position/Role:I usually play sniper in most games, but i'll fill whats needed, or sniper. Im cool with anything.

Reason for wanting to join this group: Looking to get into DayZ. I mainly wanted to find a smaller squad that seems more relaxed than the big clans that require you to be a god at the game. This group caught my eye because there is no skill level required and because it seems mature and fun.

Can you bring anything unique to this group: I own a teamspeak 3 server. I could adopt it to be used for this also. (Also used for a minecraft server.)

Weaknesses: My work tends to be hour heavy on the weekend. Also, I leave in April for Basic training, putting me offline for 3 months or so.

Other: I will not be taking anything to seriously. I am looking to have fun playing the game, and working as a team.

Edited by Masinini

Current in game name: Floris

How long have you played DayZ: about 2/3 weeks

Preferred voicechat software(s): Teamspeak, Skype, Mumble

Preferred Position/Role: Mainly have been playing with assault rifle but iam intrested in sniping

Reason for wanting to join this group: Iam looking for a group that fights other squads

Can you bring anything unique to this group: Iam just a friendly guy that wants to have fun and own while at it :D

Weaknesses:Probely not knowing good loot routes besides in cherno/inexperienced

Other: i want to play on a server with antihacks/anything that stop the hackers and have a decent number of players

As i said before im looking for a group that does pvp against other squads, i dont kill people with low gear most of the times unless they are a threath to me

• Like 1

Masinini - Approved!

I hope you'll have a good time with us. The teamspeak server might very well help. Currently we're using skype to group call.

Floris - Approved!

I'd like to get a few more opinions on what server we're going to call home and just what we're going to do on that server. We don't want to be the only players on the server but we don't want a server thats too full we can't build a nice base. So right now we're looking at medium population servers, I'm sure we'll find some bad guys to take on. We ARE NOT bandits, we don't kill people without talking to them first. Not sure how soon it will be until we are going squad vs squad. With that in mind if you're still interested we'll be happy to have you.

You'll both be sent contact information via PM shortly.

If anyone has failed to receive their contact information please PM me.

Edited by AbstractVision

Thanks! Looking forward to playing with everyone.

Also, i've noticed we have a lot of people preferring recon/scout. I'd be willing to do a hybrid medic, with a medium to long range rifle/sniper. I'd would have less ammo, but i'd carry medic supplies with me whenever I find em.

Current in game name: Che

How long have you played DayZ: Few days

Preferred Position/Role: Recon/Sniper/Tactical Advisor (bit of planner with a military boot, what kind of situation are we in? could be out flanked by a group of bandits? ect)

Reason for wanting to join this group: I would like join, and learn some more ropes, help others overall act as a team, I've played a few games and always get killed for nothing, no one tends to help when I ask for some help so going around solo isnt very nice for me and Id like to meet some fellow players and go on an adventure saving someone, helping someone, helping each other.

Can you bring anything unique to this group: I can be good under fire and direct a way out or come up with a plan to nutralize a treat, I have a good bearing of places on the map, so if we are mapless its not a problem. I'm also a skilled shot so if i have a sniper I can cover a infiltration, Scout out area's and I'm sure I can bring a few laughs and stories along

Weaknesses: because im student I tend be studying most days, but thursday to sunday im free and occasionally every night, I have skype but it means I have to run my mac along side my pc I currently dont have a head set with my pc.

Other: pm if you want to know anymore or for contact info. thanks

Smith93 - Approved!

You're a few hours ahead of us but a few of us are up all morning well into your time zone, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'll contact via PM shortly with info on how to get in touch with everyone else.

Current in game name: cirnee

How long have you played DayZ: About 2 months

Preferred Position/Role: Medic or what ever. Don't know how to be a pilot yet.

Reason for wanting to join this group: Bored playing alone. Want to experience the game with more people and be involved more.

Can you bring anything unique to this group: Comic relief by my noobness, words of wisdom,

Weaknesses: I'm a complete newbie with the game. I know the basics but, still learning. Plus my work schedule is rather odd at times.And I've never used Teamspeak or Mumble before.

Other: ask and I'll tell!!