psstloaf

Make Players Unique

But this game is about actual learning, not grinding and leveling up. Actions should be based on player skills, not character skills.

When it comes to things like running endurance and certain motor coordination skills I wouldn't be entirely against having these things develop SLOWLY over time and use. Also, if we follow Rocket's way of thinking, should grinding/training these types of things be discouraged? If someone wants to spend hours running everywhere just to marginally increase their combat/hunting performance instead of taking a bus ride, or find a safe place for them to practice throwing rocks so they can throw things further and more accurately, I don't really mind. It's doesn't really affect me.

• Like 1

When it comes to things like running endurance and certain motor coordination skills I wouldn't be entirely against having these things develop SLOWLY over time and use. Also, if we follow Rocket's way of thinking, should grinding/training these types of things be discouraged? If someone wants to spend hours running everywhere just to marginally increase their combat/hunting performance instead of taking a bus ride, or find a safe place for them to practice throwing rocks so they can throw things further and more accurately, I don't really mind. It's doesn't really affect me.

agreed, you get one life! choose how you play it! :)

Developing this sorta thing takes a great deal of developement time and thinking and for what? A marginal increase for someones stats if they want to grind in the forest? I don't see how this would benefit the game really. I'd rather have them implement planks that you can nail in doorways to barricade them, that would take less developement time a feature that would benefit more people in the long run than some hidden number system

No level, if any skill system is used you should gain in the relevant skills as you do. Levels are stupid and do not reflect how you play.

@Thre3zekiel Ever heard of custom faces?

Levels and skills are to MMOish for me but if skills (never levels NEVER) were to be implemented "as you do" is the only way. Only if what skills any one character can learn are hidden and random. No character can learn them all.

Developing this sorta thing takes a great deal of developement time and thinking and for what? A marginal increase for someones stats if they want to grind in the forest? I don't see how this would benefit the game really. I'd rather have them implement planks that you can nail in doorways to barricade them, that would take less developement time a feature that would benefit more people in the long run than some hidden number system

that player is still prone to death and muggage of all his stuff and things which are keeping him alive to be able to grind. he still will have to watch his own back every step he takes!

and on the developing side of things, how far are you willing to go to make the most realistic survival horror game to date.

Edited by psstloaf

that player is still prone to death and muggage of all his stuff and things which are keeping him alive to be able to grind. he still will have to watch his own back every step he takes!

I think you missed my point there. It's a feature that takes a lot of time and effort to develop with very little effect to gameplay or enjoyability for a limited group of people. Adding let's say planks would affect the gameplay of more people with less effort

I think you missed my point there. It's a feature that takes a lot of time and effort to develop with very little effect to gameplay or enjoyability for a limited group of people. Adding let's say planks would affect the gameplay of more people with less effort

adding DIY is a great idea, which does take a modicum of knowledge to achieve. you dont become a carpenter overnight.. and im not saying anyone cant do it, im saying players should become better at it. making stronger and more durable structures_ a professional job!