Sign in to follow this  
HedonismBot

More stupid questions:

Finally got into my first game and have some issues:

1) How do I put my flashlight away once I've equipped it? All I can manage is to either carry it in broad daylight like an idiot or drop it on the ground.

2) I came across a body and when i got close to it a green icon appeared indicating i could search it. When the inventory opened I could only see my items. I assume the guy may have just spawned and therefor had the exact items I did but if that was the case I could take niether his painkillers nor bandage.

Thanks for helping out a noob.

Sry, question 2 is answered but still looking to find out how i put my flashlight away.

Do you have another weapon? If not, once you equip the torch (I think) it stays in your hand until you equip pistol (whereby you lose the torch), or a primary weapon (like a rifle).

1) Open Gear

2) Open your backpack (doubleclick it)

3) Make sure you have 5 slots free in backpack (look at upper left corner of gear dialog)

4) Click on flashlight to select it

5) Click on left arrow to put it into your backpack

Im not sure about 1), but for 2), note that the display is only ever for your items, and that the list is for your items and theirs, if theres a number on the right, thats how many of that item you have, and on the left is how many they have. Sorry if you already knew that/didnt help.

Arma inventory, espec dayZ is abit clunky and hard to get used to. search the forums for inventory guides, there is one stickied somewhere