Sign in to follow this  
specterm

survival servers not launching utes correctly

I am having an issue launching my server on the UTES 1.2 version.. Please see details below....

After the server was handed to me I started DayZ commander and in order to find the server I had to filter "utes" on "Any mod" in order to find my server US 1456.

utesany1_zpsa63fbafa.jpg

Please notice, When I selected the drop down box that should filter out all Utes only servers my server would NOT appear.

utesonlynoserver1_zps9089eeb1.jpg

Now I was able to connect to the server for some reason. However, SOME, NOT ALL of my friends try to connect and they get a message that says.

The server is running an incorrect version of the server side application. You can not play on this server. If you are the server admin please contact DayZ staff.

I have spent a considerable amount of time today investigating this. I have made sure we were all running the same mods. the correct beta versions. I have re-installed the UTES map and the latest bliss on my server. And still the problems above are there.

Then I stumbled across this. I noticed when joining other UTES servers, not hosted by survival servers, I was no longer playing using the the @DayZ mod. Instead, I was playing using the @DayZUtes mod.

I went back my server command lines and here I noticed that all other maps lingor, takistan, Zargabad, Fallujah.. They all launched under the @DayZMAP format.

dayzspecific_zpsa41f677f.jpg

However, When you look at the UTES map. You can see UTES launches using only @DayZ

nodayzutes_zps4d85d3e2.jpg

And YES.. the folder and the mod does exist in the file manager.

blissutes_zps82c45464.jpg

I can not change the command line. I have several tickets in and I have not gotten any responses. Please. Can you get someone to help me..

Edited by specterm

The utes in dayzcommander is vilayer's version, which they did not release the key files for so nobody but vilayer (and HFB i think) can host it. The version ss (and anyone else) has is the bliss version of utes, they are not compatible.

We do not host utes at all just to avoid the confusion that stems from this.

Edited by ersan191

The utes in dayzcommander is vilayer's version, which they did not release the key files for so nobody but vilayer (and HFB i think) can host it. The version ss (and anyone else) has is the bliss version of utes, they are not compatible.

We do not host utes at all just to avoid the confusion that stems from this.

I was not aware that the key was never released. Here it is http://hfbservers.com/uteskey.rar

Can I just point my server company to this thread and they might be able to fix it?

Can I just point my server company to this thread and they might be able to fix it?

Possibly, Bliss doesn't support vilayer's utes but adding support for it should be relatively trivial (though the spawn points will probably be different from the ones on Vilayer since we don't have those).

Edited by ersan191

Possibly, Bliss doesn't support vilayer's utes but adding support for it should be relatively trivial (though the spawn points will probably be different from the ones on Vilayer since we don't have those).

ersan. My clan hosts another server through dayz.st and we were going to rent through you but we had seen that utes was not an option. I have been put through the ringer trying to figure this out, It would have been a better option had survival servers just not offered Utes. I hope now that they can just fix the issue.

As you can see the key is not there. Would it be possible for me to just upload the key to that folder? I still cant change the command line. Thanks for all your help.

nokey_zpsa2fffe94.jpg

We run the last version of bliss released for the other variant of Utes, works perfectly. Not a single issue that I know of. I say last version as it seems Ayan is not going to directly work on bliss for any map but Chernarus from now on and is starting to remove all the maps from the github.

ok OP one issue could be the fact that you put 1.7.4.4 in the server name instead of 1.2 which causes DZC to think its normal DayZ

I renamed the server to say its running version 1.2. Just waiting for the cache to update and have it displayed properly. Either way. I still have ppl that when given the IP get the error message as stated in the original post.

EDIT:

Ok, the cache updated on the commander. First post shows 1.2 in the server title, It does display when "Any mod" is selected from the drop down.

anymod12_zpsfc32ac5d.jpg

However, when I i chose "Utes Only" from the drop down box No UGF servers are shown.

utes12_zpsd36e485b.jpg

Edited by specterm

I would take a chance uploading the vilayer_utes.bikey myself, but I still wont have the ability to change the command line asking the server to start @dayzutes mod.

Is it possible that survival servers just should not have offered utes?

I uploaded the vilayer bikey but it did not help. Im up to 3 out of 5 people that can not join my server. I have had tickets in with survival servers now for approximately 36 hours.

Where I can not change the command line. I tried the following option.

In my file manager for the server I renamed my @DayZ to @DayZ_Original. Just so I remember its the original :)

I also changed the name of @DayZUtes to @DayZ

So this way when the command line launches @DayZ its actually launching the addon contents of @DayZUtes.

Then I tried to launch into my utes server using the DayZ commander. My game still launched version 1.7.4.4. and I got a your running the wrong version message.

So then I used the arma2 launcher to specifically make arma2 launch using My client side @DayZUtes.

My personal client was able to join the server.

HOWEVER. My friend also tried the launching @DayZUtes using arma2 launcher. We verified eachothers @DayZUtes versions were all the same and he still got the error message.

Not the wrong version error message.

he got this message.

The server is running an incorrect version of the server side application. You can not play on this server. If you are the server admin please contact DayZ staff.

What is it about my client that allows me to connect, where other clients are NOT able to?

NEWEST TEST

I completely deleted my Dayzcommander recognized @DayZUtes folder/mod out of my arma2 operation arrowhead folder.

I launched Dayz Commander and was still able to get into my survival servers utes server.

So now the big question is. what makes my client have the ability to join my server, yet other clients can not?

As you can see. I left the server running last night. The only players that I know can connect are myself and my friend Takeknowtz.

Players that I know personally that can NOT connect are... -=UGF=-Sheldon, -=UGF=-Neo, -=UGF=-Smitherines, Rick, Y3st3rd4ysTr4sh and MasterRage. How many others in this list do you think get the error?

cant_zps5c7f97e1.jpg

If your reading this post. Can you please try to join my server and see if you can connect. Maybe post your results too. Heres the IP: 192.198.81.2:4802

survival servers has updated their files to now host UTES with vilayers version. I am no longer having any issues. Than you, all that helped.