Sign in to follow this  
thelonewarrior

They finally got it right with dayz+, what do you think? (POLL)

Does DAYZ+ have it right  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Does DAYZ+ have it right

• Yes, its how the game should be, balanced and challenging
    • No, I just like to shoot people, zeds shouldnt be a threat
    • No, I find its too difficult
    • No, its just not for me
    • Yes, I like some features but not others
    • Neautral, its ok but I still like the normal settings on other maps

If the zombies were slow I'd like it but right now the zombies glitch out everywhere and they're so hard to hit that it isn't fun.

Dayz+ UK1 is pretty good. It's daylight only though. Usually always 30-45 players on. Hackers are removed and banned quickly if reported.

What's with with the School building/office building in Elektro having all that crap round it? I makes for a good king of the hill type scenario though. In the end I was taking guys out with a Makarov and Crossbow :D

Edited by Timboski

tbh private hives are dayz now

this must worry rocket and tbh. i dont even play the basic map anymore. so how he goes about dealing with them by either embracing or side stepping them only time will tell.

zombies hitting through cars is lame sorry it is and through other objects especially if they are none breakable . zombies maybe strong but smashing through a wall or hitting through car is wrong.

how would a zombie pull you from a moving car ? who would leave there door unlocked ;) bit of a silly idea tbh.

also snipers are lame and what actually makes me laugh is a lee enfield kills 100x as many as any sniper does :lol: i dont get why so many try to get them.

for eg my mate plays custom server and maps like tavi and namaslk hes not bad and has sniper like dmr and so on i have lee enfield and i kill 10x what he does by just moving and using a enfield. more rifles like enfield and mosin and kar 98 should be ingame not super dupa high powered sniper rifles.

some of the glitchy buggy thigs are what actually makes dayz interesting though :P having to fig in your pack to race getting that bandage out before zombie hits having it not bandage ffs ! is what keeps the game unpredictable. that makes it kinda cool by fault :D making things too streamlined is a worry to me especially with console realease being though about.

i do want better animations working and better simplier interaction but does doing this take from the game and make it less cool enjoyable predictable in the process ? gunna take some epic skillz to simplfy everything without killing the edge dayz currently has. enjoying the ride at the moment look forward to the standalone B)

Nope, to the body

Then aim for the head. If you say you can't do it, you're lying. Easiest way is to run away from them and when they attack you (and miss) they will stop and that's when you shoot. Hitting running zombies isn't that hard either if they are 20 meters away from you. They wont try to flank at that distance.

And other thing you should practice is sneaking, if you complain about zombie damage. You shouldn't run near zombies if you don't like getting killed.

Edited by Sutinen

Well, tried it out last night. Thanks for the heads up, RLW. This was the DayZ that got hooked in the first place. Had a pretty intense run up to Berizhino. Spawned on the beach with some dude spawning 10 feet in front of me. We rolled together for a bit, got split up, ran into each other again and kept goin. We were both in black n white vision, hurt badly. We nearly got to the hospitol as a pair so we could give each other a trans, he didn't make it. I burried him and moved on. I eventually made my way to a cow by the orchard, shot it. Zombies came-a-runnin while I got to guttin. No time to collect, I hid in a bush. They left me alone. Crawled my way back to the cow and got my meat. To make a longer story shorter, I got to the tents and used the fire there to cook my meat, found a scorpion, M9 and a MP5SD. The SD was a very valuable find in this mod. I went with the M9 + MP5SD combo. Anyways, I was alive and well in Kras when the server got teleported above Elek and all fell to their death. Shitty ending, but overall good fun.

Your poll is a bit biased towards you liking dayz+. I would say zombies should be more intelligent and at other times be stupid depending on the situation.

You seem to not understand that dayz was never ment to be "balanced".

Well in standalone you are going to have a surprise because zombies will pose a threat, rocket already confirmed they run indoors thus making a different ball game and i really doubt that the hinding in bush/tree exploit will work in standalone either.

The rarer the weapon the more powerful it should be, to take out the dmr, as50 and m-107 old ruin this game. I need some ultra rare really powerful gun to hunt for.

If I hear someone fire the m-107 or the as50, I think impedimently, that rifle will be mine. Having these high powered rifles don't make you invincible. They make people hunt you for it. These high powered anti-material rifles need to be rare, right now they are so common because of duping and hacking. Removing or nerf/ buffing guns will ruin dayz for me and many others.

Well in standalone you are going to have a surprise because zombies will pose a threat, rocket already confirmed they run indoors thus making a different ball game and i really doubt that the hinding in bush/tree exploit will work in standalone either.

I completely agree with changing the zombies but not with nerfing/ buffing because they are op or something stupid like that. Read my post before this for my thoughts on this.

I tried it and didn't like it. The zombies are too glitchy and buggy as it is. Making them do more damage is just aggravating. By the time you realise a zombie is hitting you thru a wall, your vision already has fading colors.

Also, on the server I tried, the fire station in cherno had been turned into some sort of fortress that you couldn't enter. I think that is just really lame, if the only reason to build structures is to annoy the hell out of others, It's not a good feature.

Nope, to the body

This is why you shoot them in the head. ;)

Tried DayZ+ out this evening. Thought it was pretty good TBH but I get low FPS for some reason. :S

Will give it another go at some point!

This is why you shoot them in the head. ;)

Tried DayZ+ out this evening. Thought it was pretty good TBH but I get low FPS for some reason. :S

Will give it another go at some point!

I find that too. It only runs well for a while after a server restart.

I dunno where you guys have been playing, but i have a pretty shitty computer and i get a good enough frame rate to play.

Also.....zombies hitting you through walls? I know it happens but i can only think of 1 or 2 instances where this ever happend since ive started playing

Well at least its a step in the right direction

Sounds good..but with zombies ghosting through walls and shit and the way they move it sounds dog crap.

I'm not gonna spend days getting good gear to have a zombie glitch through something and kill me with no fault of my own

What's with the hype on this saying it's really hard and that crap.

I decided yesterday to have a go with some mates. Spawned at elektro and the first thing I had to test, was if you run into the town straight away, without being sneaky, will I get away with it? The answer is a yes. I ran straight to the fire station, found an M9, and an M16, ran to the supermarket, found a czech and whole bunch of food, and went to the north fire station to go back up a friend while he loot. He found an AK-74 and we already decided it was enough. I didn't get hit once, zombies are still easy to lose, and it felt like normal dayz

I don't like the Zombie damage. I heard it's like 2000 per hit? That's way way way way too much (if it's true)

Yes they hit harder but there are less of them, at least from the times i played.

I personally want Zombies to be very dangerous.

Once the player feels more powerful then the horror threat/Infected then the game becomes an Action game and not a survival horror.

See Resident Evil's games for how this is true

Ive been playing DayZ+ for a good few days, and ive died once and that was because of zombies ive come across 2 bandits and 7 friendly survivors on the server i play on, the bandits where easy to scare away as they ran out of ammo quick because they took one silly mistake of a shot at me and got rushed by a horde of zombies, and the friendlys were armed players who were willing to give out food and share a bit of ammo to help get out of the town succesfully, i play in a group of 3 sometimes 5 people and we dont shoot on site or run in like crazy, you have to plan an play tactically as if it were real, i feel asif its added a much better expierence to dayz as i havent played for like a month, a few days on Dayz+ and im hooked again, cant wait for the standalone

• Like 1

Love the first vote on the poll lol it's how it should be...someone has been owned by bandits to many times.

I see you conviniantly left out the part about how I put that it should be challenging, normal dayz is not a challenge, zombie or bandit

Anyway everyone gets 'owned' at some point, if there were some kind of overall score system in dayz im pretty sure I would have a more or less equal death to kill score on players, nothing special

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

As I settle into my humble abode and double-click my Dayz Commander I notice in the top right that there is an update available for Commander. Upon updating I notice a new map type available for download simply named DayZ+. Now, being of the curious type, I had to check it out. After downloading it I found a whitelisted server for it and gave it a go. So far what I have to say for it is all positive to say the least.

*Things marked with * may be only from the whitelist server itself*

- Zombies hit a lot harder. around 900 per hit

- Weapons are harder to come by

-* Side chat isnt enabled whatsoever (not even text)

-* Display of when someone dies is turned off

- Survival tools and supplies are scarce

- Group survival becomes a must

- Blood bags and Cooked steaks are essential for survival moreso than ever

After playing this for a couple of days all i can say is that this is how DayZ should have been in the first place. Ive noticed that the PvP aspect has been reduced greatly and replaced with a form of shared hardships that requires the help of other survivors.