Sign in to follow this  
usszim

Hiding from Zombies Question

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows how hiding from Zombies works. Do you just have to lose Line-of-Sight with them or do you have to get inside a building? Losing line-of-sight doesn't really make sense to me because, for the most part, zombies move at the same speed as you.

Hey' date=' I was wondering if anyone knows how hiding from Zombies works. Do you just have to lose Line-of-Sight with them or do you have to get inside a building? Losing line-of-sight doesn't really make sense to me because, for the most part, zombies move at the same speed as you.

[/quote']

I haven't tried it yet but considering their site is now governed more by actual LOS I would say breaking LOS should do the trick. I don't know how far ahead of them you have to be for this to work though.

Another question, I know they cannot attack through walls now but can they still slowly walk through closed doors or could that have something to do with hiding?

Hey' date=' I was wondering if anyone knows how hiding from Zombies works. Do you just have to lose Line-of-Sight with them or do you have to get inside a building? Losing line-of-sight doesn't really make sense to me because, for the most part, zombies move at the same speed as you.

[/quote']

I haven't tried it yet but considering their site is now governed more by actual LOS I would say breaking LOS should do the trick. I don't know how far ahead of them you have to be for this to work though.

Another question, I know they cannot attack through walls now but can they still slowly walk through closed doors or could that have something to do with hiding?

The whole not being able to go through / attack through walls thing is broken indoors currently, so they can still attack through walls and stuff in buildings

i just seen a YT video and the guy kinda broke free or at least made a slight gap between him and the zed and then just hid behind a wall...chase was over!

Yep just loose LOS, I managed to aggo the entire town near the coast. Ran to the dock, around a building and ducked out the other side - they had no clue where I was.

The thing is, won't they still hear you running after you break LoS? The only way I was able to break away was by entering a building and leaving through another door.