Sign in to follow this  
Felix (DayZ)

1.5.5 Character saves not working

For about the last 4 hours, character saves haven't been working for myself and some others on a couple of the US servers.

Is this a widespread issue?

Eu5 has been having issues with Hive losing connection to the database. Could be the same issue there too.

Did find a few servers that seemed to be working fine. I contacted the admins of US4 and US5 to get them restarted, hopefully that gets it up and running again.

So the servers don't save for 3 hours, then I join another server and all my shit is gone?

I can deal with the backpacks being broken, mobs being glitchy etc, but this shit is just WAY too buggy.

I hope you guys fix this game fast because it is enjoyable, I just think if you would of waited a month or two before making it public it could of been a lot better. There are so many blatant bugs that its hard to call this more than a dev build.

edit: might want to beef your website up too. It was already slow before this game became popular.

So the servers don't save for 3 hours' date=' then I join another server and all my shit is gone?

I can deal with the backpacks being broken, mobs being glitchy etc, but this shit is just WAY too buggy.

I hope you guys fix this game fast because it is enjoyable, I just think if you would of waited a month or two before making it public it could of been a lot better. There are so many blatant bugs that its hard to call this more than a dev build.

edit: might want to beef your website up too. It was already slow before this game became popular.

[/quote']

This is an Alpha build. So not even a "game release" as you put it. I am right with you there on frustrating bugs, but the best you can do is make (2 people) aware of it and let them try to fix it.

I think the major issue happening right now is the exponential growth in popularity. This is running off a central server much like an MMO would need to be. But with an MMO you have studio backed financing and a team of people. It's literally a handful of people right now.

So while I completely understand where you are coming from. Also understand this really is just a Dev build and they have never claimed anything more.