Rinner23

Argh flashlight won't work!!

I love this update, but for some reason I cannot get Any flashlights to work! I've tried the headlights binding but nothing happens... No sound or light at all! Flare etc work fine. Anyone else had this problem and maybe a solution?

I have had a similar problem pre patch actually. I reset my video settings and it all works fine.

Happened to me a few times. Oddly enough if I turn the flashlight towards the ground I can turn it on/off, not while pointing it in any direction though.

I have the same issue, cannot for the life of me turn on my flashlight, persistent on all servers i've tried, and restarting the game also doesn't help.

I used flashlights before without a problem though

Yep same issue, hammering L until my finger went raw! First time I ever played on a night time server was tonight and it worked fine, the game is really cool with just a flash-light very scary and atmospheric, HOWEVER like a noob I died and then I couldn't work the flash-light again, changed servers, re spawned nothing worked so I have had to give in and use a daylight server. :huh::huh:

I am having the same problem.. I actually thought that i need to find batteries for it in order to work, lol!

Just curious you guys are taking it out of your backpack and putting it in the pistol slot right?

Just curious you guys are taking it out of your backpack and putting it in the pistol slot right?

Yeah I am stupid but not that stupid =) Also happens to any weapon with attached flashlight...

Bug thread people... use it.

Didn't realize it was a bug, just figured I was being a moron.

You have the flashlight actually out and pointing right? Like guns, it might have a "down" state where you are not pointing it. Try left clicking to get it out then trying to turn it on.

I too have this issue :/ its impossible to play without a light source nowadays and its annoying i have to find day time servers. The night is so much more interesting and scarey! :D