Sign in to follow this  
scoffield77@gmail.com

Parachute spawn points

I came up with this idea jokingly in a thread about making DayZ harder. Though I do think this could make for a interesting spawn and prevent spawn camping.

Now I don't die, so I don't know how bad spawn camping is. But I can see how it could be an issue.

1 C130 that travels from Barazino to Bolota, The player spawns in it, waking up from being "drugged" ;) ... and ejects from the plane. Free falls to the appropriate altitude, then release parachute and controls it to his LZ.

This means every player will have a different LZ, or 'spawning location'. Plus parachuting is fun lol

Very interesting concept it would add to the idea the the player has there own choice on how to survive(should i land in this field. city, airstrip?)

I would go along to add another idea of yours to add a wait time between lives so that when you kill a player you may loot them with out havving the same playing fly down and land right on you!

Very interesting concept it would add to the idea the the player has there own choice on how to survive(should i land in this field. city, airstrip?)

I would go along to add another idea of yours to add a wait time between lives so that when you kill a player you may loot them with out havving the same playing fly down and land right on you!

You can't really control you're descent that good. Plus while in the c130, you have no map or anything so you don't know where you're getting out at.

Also, you don't fly the C130, if that's what you're thinking. That's silly, giving way to much to new players! it's ai controlled by a ai that's been dumb down to follow the way points exactly.

Just make the C130 client side only so you don't have c130s flying around the shore every 5 mins. I kind of like this idea, but it could simply be some sort of scripted even that you have no control over, and it randomly chooses a location. Then you get rid of the stuff in the bottom corner that reveals your location for a few seconds. Then people wont just suicide to get to cherno or electro, well they probably still will.

one does not simply parachute into a zombie infested country.

Maybe you didnt jump. Perhaps people behind the disease, or perhaps a medical team sends you in to gather data and try to survive to better understand the "sickness".

A story iz born.

Just make the C130 client side only so you don't have c130s flying around the shore every 5 mins. I kind of like this idea, but it could simply be some sort of scripted even that you have no control over, and it randomly chooses a location. Then you get rid of the stuff in the bottom corner that reveals your location for a few seconds. Then people wont just suicide to get to cherno or electro, well they probably still will.

It holds 26 passengers. So it should be good on 50 player count servers.. 26 people normally arn't dead at one time. And if it does pass that, then they could just force the person that's been in the C130 the longest to eject.

The issue is when stand alone comes, and the'll be more people on the map, more people dying.

I guess instead of spawning in the C130, you could just spawn at it, already free falling.