Sign in to follow this  
Aruvyel (DayZ)

Server install & hosting, need some answers

Hey guys,

I'm actually thinking with my friends to pay a dedicated server to run DayZMod. There is many "hosters" like Olutta (in europe) that propose offers for good prices but there is too many problems. (limited bandwith, configuration by web panel etc..).

I read all the topics about servers on this forum and we finally find that:

- Xeon Quad Core Intel X5560 4 x 2.66 GHz (sound enough)

- 2 Go RAM 1333 frequency (seems ok)

- HDD: 75 Go Raid 50 (speed : 15 000 t/mn SAS)

- Bandwith: 1000 Mbps (1T illimited)

It all sounds good for the moment and the price is very good. SSH connection, Windows Server 2008 R2 etc...

My first question:

- Do you think this server can host 40-50 european players for DayZ ?

Now i take another part of server's configuration where i need some answers. What do i have to do to run DayZ Mod on this server ?

I read many topics about ARMA II: dedicated server and hostings. But... too many questions in my mind.

- Do i have to buy the game again from the server and install it via steam ? or can i use my own steam account on the server to download ARMAII:CO ?

- Do i have to install the ARMA II: dedicated server ? or just running the game with something like those parameters "ArmAII_Server.exe -config=server.cfg -netlog -port=2303 -mod=@dayz"

- Do i have to install DayZMod on the server as i installed it on my computer ? or is there a dedicated proper to DayZ ?

- Do i have to contact DayZMod's dev to say that my server is online? or is the connection to your server for connection data automatic ?

Can you please help me ?

Thanks in advance,

Aruvyel

P.S: Sorry for my english, it's quite late here in france

(from www.teamreapers.org)