Sign in to follow this  
TexasHays

Error creating direct3d error

I know there have been multiple posts regarding this issue but none have yet solved the problem for me.

I purchased ARMA II and OA from Steam. I then downloaded the DayZ files directly and placed them in the appropriate newly created @dayz and addons folders.

I can even get DayZ to start but its the older version not the .93825 Beta version.

I download the beta, install it, and then rename the arma2oa.exe file and then copy/paste the new arma2oa.exe from the beta folder into the main folder as everyone on this board seems to suggest.

I then run the game through steam and receive the above error message.

I have copy/pasted the addons folder from the main Arma II directory to the Arma II OA directory as someone has suggested as well: no such luck.

I have ran steam as administrator, run Arma II successfully, and then attempt to run OA: no luck. I then uninstalled Steam and reinstalled it and repeated: no luck.

I have tried running it directly from the arma2oa.exe file but since that is not combined operations I get a different error message. I have used the Arma II launcher and get the same Direct3d error message.

Is there anything I am missing? Thanks, this has been the most frustrating mod installation I have ever experienced, any help would be greatly appreciated!