Sign in to follow this  
Chris Chambers

Friendly Survivor servers?

I found a new server the other day which was listed as Friendly survivors only, 1st person only. Whilst the death match pvp servers can be fun, they're not really the point of the DayZ game i don't think imho. I understnd you're still going to get some bandits on there, and that's fine, but at least there is a chance when you meet somebody that they won't shoot on sight - in fact this adds a lot of tension, wondering if they are friendly or not, unlike on most servers where you know as soon as you see somebody that they def are NOT friendly.

Anyway, I found the game play experience completely different on this server, much more intense and satisfying than running aorund to gear up and go and kill people. The nightime play was especially intense.

Trouble is, that server has not been running since that day (but is still listed). Does this mean the admin only have it running when they are on? . Does anybody know of any other friendly survivor servers please?

Cheers

US 220 the 21B clan server helps alot of survivors in many ways but there is still bandit activity you could try it out by checking the private hive forums!

Didn't really want to join a emtpy server, still want to come across other players, just want somehwere where if you meet someone they are'nt 99% gona try and kill you. I've been playing for about 7 weeks now and have met 1 person who didn't try to kill me as soon as saw me.

Thanks Scavenger, will look them up.

Ive played Dayz pretty much from when it was released, Sadly the majority of people will shoot on sight. It always saddens me when i meet up with someone and they say how surprised they are that i did'nt shoot them.

Dayz should be more about survival and teaming up. Look up a mod called Dayz 2017, its basically a very difficult version of dayz where there is zero military loot and the best gun is a battle between lee enfield and the whinchester.

To me its better because there is no unfair advantage for people with high tier gear, because there is none.

Good luck, Armagherd

Try UK#10 - You have to get whitelisted but it really isn't hard, always 40+/60 players and I've met a lot of friendly people there. Unfortunately, just like any other server there is a lot of bandit activity but that can't be helped. You can apply for whitelist here