Sign in to follow this  
Rilkar

Is Surival Servers good?

I just bought a server from Surival Servers and i was woundering if there a good host to be using?

Surely you should be asking this BEFORE you bought the server?

• Like 1

I agree. No point asking now, just go with what you've got, I guess...

• Like 1

yeah i just assmued it was good cause dayz commender linked me to it. and dayz.st or what ever it is has no servers open

edit* i have 72 hours to refund if i change my mind thats why i asking

Edited by Rilkar

They seem popular enough but as Welch said, give it a try and if you don't like it, get the refund.

They seem popular enough but as Welch said, give it a try and if you don't like it, get the refund.

well thanks for the fast reply

No they are not good. Look through their forums and you will see many reasons why. Trust me when I say get your refund now and get a DayZ.st server. If you have questions feel free to contact me and I will share what ever you want to know.

No they are not good. Look through their forums and you will see many reasons why. Trust me when I say get your refund now and get a DayZ.st server. If you have questions feel free to contact me and I will share what ever you want to know.

dayz.st is out of slots :( and why are they bad

dayz.st is out of slots :( and why are they bad

You're best off waiting for slots on ST, they usually get new ones up pretty fast anyway. I'm just going to copypasta what I wrote in the "THE best server host?" thread:

For a while I was running two servers, one SurvivalServers, one DayZ.st. I decided to do that after getting incredibly frustrated with SS and I wanted to compare with another provider to see if they were all the same. The difference between the two was immediately apparent. DayZ.st worked great and every little problem I had was responded to very fast(sometimes within minutes). The exact opposite can be said of my experience with SurvivalServers.

Here's quick rundown of my experience with both:

SurvivalServers:

The server took a couple days to get running. The service was great for the first couple weeks. They responded to tickets and were reasonably helpful, then they started introducing new features and things immediately got worse. At one point, my server was either down or unplayable over a week. Then it'd be up for a little while and down again. Over and over.

The SS guys would take ages to respond, occasionally going over their 24 hour max response time. Often the responses were unhelpful and seemed like they were just responding to keep up with their 24 hour claim.

On their thread, they'd get upset when large people complained, and then would tell them that they accounted for a small percent of the customer base. That is not something you tell to a group of disgruntled customers.

I had to pay $5 for a "managed" server, and an additional $5 for special admin tools. With a managed server, you have to explicitly ask for each update and then wait for a response on the ticket.

I admittedly got pretty rude with them at times, so did a lot of other people, but it was mostly a result of their poor communication. The overall experience was frustrating. The server only worked part of the time, and they were very unhelpful.

DayZ.st:

The setup was instant, my server was running immediately after paying. The longest downtime I've had was a few hours when one of their data centres was getting DDOSed. I've had a number of minor problems, most of which have been answered/fixed in under an hour, usually with a technical explanation of what went wrong.

All of the features that cost an extra $5 with SurvivalServers are free with ST, and they generally work better. They also manage the servers and handle updates without needing to be asked. I pay $10 less per month for a more reliable and better managed server.

The key downsides to DayZ.st that I can determine are: their data centres occasionally get DDOSed(which isn't their fault),there's no FTP access (which I personally don't care about), and you pretty much have to run Gotcha Antihack if you want to keep logs and manage bans.

Overall, I am pretty much as happy as I can be with DayZ.st. They have been fast to come up with solutions to problems, and they're super helpful.

You're best off waiting for slots on ST, they usually get new ones up pretty fast anyway. I'm just going to copypasta what I wrote in the "THE best server host?" thread:

For a while I was running two servers, one SurvivalServers, one DayZ.st. I decided to do that after getting incredibly frustrated with SS and I wanted to compare with another provider to see if they were all the same. The difference between the two was immediately apparent. DayZ.st worked great and every little problem I had was responded to very fast(sometimes within minutes). The exact opposite can be said of my experience with SurvivalServers.

Here's quick rundown of my experience with both:

SurvivalServers:

The server took a couple days to get running. The service was great for the first couple weeks. They responded to tickets and were reasonably helpful, then they started introducing new features and things immediately got worse. At one point, my server was either down or unplayable over a week. Then it'd be up for a little while and down again. Over and over.

The SS guys would take ages to respond, occasionally going over their 24 hour max response time. Often the responses were unhelpful and seemed like they were just responding to keep up with their 24 hour claim.

On their thread, they'd get upset when large people complained, and then would tell them that they accounted for a small percent of the customer base. That is not something you tell to a group of disgruntled customers.

I had to pay $5 for a "managed" server, and an additional $5 for special admin tools. With a managed server, you have to explicitly ask for each update and then wait for a response on the ticket.

I admittedly got pretty rude with them at times, so did a lot of other people, but it was mostly a result of their poor communication. The overall experience was frustrating. The server only worked part of the time, and they were very unhelpful.

DayZ.st:

The setup was instant, my server was running immediately after paying. The longest downtime I've had was a few hours when one of their data centres was getting DDOSed. I've had a number of minor problems, most of which have been answered/fixed in under an hour, usually with a technical explanation of what went wrong.

All of the features that cost an extra $5 with SurvivalServers are free with ST, and they generally work better. They also manage the servers and handle updates without needing to be asked. I pay $10 less per month for a more reliable and better managed server.

The key downsides to DayZ.st that I can determine are: their data centres occasionally get DDOSed(which isn't their fault),there's no FTP access (which I personally don't care about), and you pretty much have to run Gotcha Antihack if you want to keep logs and manage bans.

Overall, I am pretty much as happy as I can be with DayZ.st. They have been fast to come up with solutions to problems, and they're super helpful.

All in all he pretty much hit it on the head! If you would like I can post some of the terrible replies I got from SS on tickets that I had created (and I always tried to remain respectful until the very end when they still charged me almost a month AFTER I canceled my server (And then tried to tell me it was my fault). My stress level went down tenfold after leaving SS for DayZ.st.

Here is the basic rundown

SS - SLOW response times, half of the responses are BS/no help at all, every update equals down time for what they claim to be "a small number of customers" but yet every time it is your server, server would lag at a low number of players, managed hosting from them is a joke, TCAdmin is not very user friendly (IMO)

DayZ.st - Fast response times (most of the time, sometimes they take a bit longer if the issue runs deep/if "shit is hitting the fan"), never had an issue with updates, servers run like a dream (will have lag spikes sometimes, but does not last long), their custom user interface is amazing and easy to use. Like he said also the few downs are no FTP access (yet - they have said they are working on it), some of their data centers get occasionally DDoS'ed (it seems to be the same ones most of the time - I believe one of the Dallas IP's and two of the DC IP's), and no DayZAntihacks (but that was no issue for me as IMO DayZAntihacks is a waste of time/does not really work).

Edited by almaxkiller