Sign in to follow this  
diegorossi2011@yahoo.com

BAD SERIAL NUMBER GIVEN IN SETUP??

I can run arma 2 fine, But when i try OA This Always happens...

Ive Tried-

Uninstalling steam

deleting arma folders

running as admin

Everytime i try to delete the files in regedit it comes up with the error "Cannot delete Arma 2 OA, Error while deleting key." and in my folder the key data is 0000000000000000

Any Advice??

Hey, I've tried every fix I could find googling the error, none of it worked, I've almost given up and tried the permissions change in regedit, I basically allowed every possible acces for every possible entry that I could find there and it worked.

I think it wasn't the fastest solution, I will describe more or less exactly what I did, I did a lot of things like deleting files in regedit, I deleted everything I could delete (arma2 files i mean), that left me with only "Bohemia Interactive Studio" with no visible subfolders.

Then I right click that folder -> permissions -> a dialogue screen with 4 horizontal tabs appear -> in the 1st "permissions" tab I checked the "include inheritable permissions from.." and left the second option unchecked. In the same tab I can see all the users and an edit option, I edited all of the users listed there and checked allow for every user there was, and also once you go to the edit option you should see "apply to" option above the list of users, I clicked it and where it was possible chose in a scroll down menu - "apply to" -> "key and subkeys", not all of them can be applied to every user, wherever I couldn't choose both(key and subkeys) I checked subkeys only.

Edit: just in case you're not familliar with regedit thingy, as I weren't prior to this problem, in "search programs and files" (windows start button) - type "run" -> enter, dialogue box should appear, "regedit" -> press ok -> a folders list should appear, select and expand in following order: HKEY_LOCAL__MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432node -> Bohemia interactive and Bohemia interactive studios. Yeah and after all that I ran a game as administrator. Hope this helps.

P.S. "Windows 7, 64, Arma2(no expansions), Now I will try to fix Arma2 OA the same way.

Edited by Hesher