Sign in to follow this  
ado4334

Is it worth buying arma 2 for the mod?? when will SA be out?

As the title says i really want to play Dayz, and am tempted to buy Arma 2 CO for £15 on steam. From what i've gathered the SA was emant to be released in 2012, but wasn't, so will it be released in jan 13?

Just deciding whether to wait for the SA or if it's going to take more than 2 months to buy CO and get the mod

It'll probably be delayed so I'd just go ahead and get it. It's real fun!

I tried downloading arma 2 free but the downlaod didn't work, right at the end after i typed in the product key it said it ddint isntall properly, help?

Just buy the game. The mod is worth it, we have no definite release date for the SA.

I tried downloading arma 2 free but the downlaod didn't work, right at the end after i typed in the product key it said it ddint isntall properly, help?

You would still have to buy Operation Arrowhead so you might as well just get Combined Operations so you know it will work and not worry about saving a whopping 2 or 3 dollars.

I asked the same question earlier this week, i got it, i do NOT regret it. :D

It's worth it.

• Like 1

How long is a piece of string.

4 Meters if you buy it from the local Post Office! :P

In all fairness, Just buy it. Not just for DayZ mod but the actual ARMA 2 game is really good fun! The customization that you can do such as creating your own missions is just amazing!

I would not buy the game just for the mod. The mod is just a fraction of what arma has to offer and to buy this and neglect all the other things that you can do is just foolish. This game offers the best map editing you can get without buying some engine. All you need to know is some basic python and you can create some really awesome missions. Or you can download other people's missions and play those. DayZ is a lot of fun dont get me wrong, but buying arma just for it would be like buying a 360 just to play DVD's.

It's worth the Steam price for the chance to play DayZ, I'd say. If you like Arma2 (there's a lot to like) then that's all gravy. It's less than a case of Yuengling, and it'll provide at least as much entertainment. If you can afford the game and the beer, get both, it's a great combo.