POSIPJ

And it all started when I tried to run my game through Steam.

I would open up Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead in Steam, and try to join a server, I would always get an error saying I couldn't play/edit the mission whatever etc. Everybody's seen this message, nothing new. Then I try clicking the Launch Using Steam option in DayZ Commander, then I just keep getting Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection. Then I clicked Replace Original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works. Sweet! I can join the game... Nah, I get kicked immediately. So when I uncheck both of the Lauch Using Steam options, I still get kicked out of every game. As far as running both games in Steam first, and manually installing the latest patch, it's all been done. What's up? I'm just ready for the standalone. Hopefully nobody will have to deal with this bullshit then.

Edited by POSIPJ

I forget all steam stuff when using Commander.

For me it works when only thing i put in Settings is DayZ directory [x] Override

and then add the map folder name what you wanna use in last, ie. @DayZ or @DayzTaviana etc.

Hope it works for you too.

Have you tried using sixlauncher? Commander doesn't work for me, it won't let me join a game. but six works perfectly.