usszim

Traditional Zombies?

So, just to get us off the topic and rage of 1.7.1 for a bit, what do you guys think about having traditional zombies? I was chatting with my bro and he mentioned that having zombies that can only shamble (albeit about 150% faster than when they are non-aggro) but can only be killed with a headshot and/or come in larger numbers. Shooting them in the legs/lower body can potentially cause them to be crawlers, but no matter how many bullets you unload in them, they cannot completely die until you strike the head.

With this method, the challenge comes from more durable and possibly more numerous zombies, making flight instead of fight a more viable option sometimes. Also, given that they couldn't chase you across the world, you can actually hide from them if you put enough distance between you.

Anyway, thoughts? I'm not asking to put this in the game right now if ever, considering how much is on the dev's plate at the moment. Just... thoughts.

Why not both? Maybe let the majority of the zeds be the traditional slow walking ones, and spice it up with a few uber ones. Yeah I know I might get flamed for being a L4D fanboy now.

However if you choose to have alot more weaker zeds you're going to run into performance issues aswell. So a balance would probably be the best option if they go that way.

Why not both? Maybe let the majority of the zeds be the traditional slow walking ones' date=' and spice it up with a few uber ones. Yeah I know I might get flamed for being a L4D fanboy now.

However if you choose to have alot more weaker zeds you're going to run into performance issues aswell. So a balance would probably be the best option if they go that way.

[/quote']

I suppose that could work, but I think there would need to be a visual difference between a runner and a walker. Otherwise, good idea!

^ Sounds intresting.

Depending on the Ratio of weak:pro zombies you could plan a path through a town from a hill that avoids the strong zombies and try and only go near the weak ones.

Like it ,maybe slow them a bit if they get lead in stomach :D

I like the idea of traditional slow zombies. The fact they can only die from headshots makes it seem more like a real zombie apocalypse.

These are my thoughts exactly, imagine looting a supermarket thinking you are in the clear then as you go to leave the whole market is surrounded by 30+ walkers, it makes those beans more expensive when you have to burn through 3-4 mags to get out of there.

i really like this idea as long as they can add tons of zombies into cities which means if you raid a city you cant simply run in with a large group of people and murder every zombie then loot it, if tons of slow moving walkers were put in with a few runners it would be even scarier and harder to raid a city, especially if you make it so you cant tell which zombies are runners and which ones are walkers, meaning you will never know if the zombie your about to alert is going to start shambling or sprinting at you.

I also like the idea of them only dying from head shots, it adds even more of a challenge with raiding cities and weeds out the kids who cant aim.

it could work provided they are able to fix the lagging issues with extra zombies in cities :D

I like the idea of some being slower and some being faster and all getting dropped by headshots. +10