Sign in to follow this  
Lethul

how do i downgrade to 1.7.0

title.

my friends have 1.7.0 but i have 1.7.1....how o i downgrade?

Why would you want to downgrade? All servers will be 1.7.1 soon.

Only way to downgrade is to find someone who has the 1.7.0 files downloaded and get them from him.

Sorry you volunteered to test this alpha version, please all upgrade to the version that's currently being tested 1.7.1+

title.

Or you could not play till they fix this mess.

Since no one seems to actually answer you...

The easiest way is probably to grab the 1.6.0 torrent from the mirror folder "old" and the 1.7.0 code files, replace the ones from 1.6.0 with the 1.7 ones and you are set.

As the others say however, the amount of servers you will find is TINY, and it will only decrease as servers update.

title.

Or you could not play till they fix this mess.

The mess was fixed in the 1.7.1 update as far as I'm concerned. Unplayable lag is a mess that needs fixing, ramped up difficulty is what was needed and I love it. I've not encountered any new bugs in the 1.7.1 version.

People should save their old files, just rename the Addon folders to different names - Addons1.6, Addons1.7 etc, and rename it back to Addons if you want to use that version (switching from 1 versions to another takes 10 sec this way).

Then again, why would you, 1.7.1 rocks.

In response to OP, I downgraded yesterday after finding the new patch less fun, there are some servers staying on 1.7.0, just filter to 1.7.0. Simply go to the download site for dayz files and click old, then take the old files and overwrite the new ones.

People should save their old files' date=' just rename the Addon folders to different names - Addons1.6, Addons1.7 etc, and rename it back to Addons if you want to use that version (switching from 1 versions to another takes 10 sec this way).

Then again, why would you, 1.7.1 rocks.

[/quote']

This is EXACTLY what I do...have done for years dealing with computers and the software they run.

I had a tent on a server that stuck with an older version....I just "crtl C" contents in 1.XX folder, delete current addon folder version 1.XX..."ctrl V" start game.