Sign in to follow this  
dollada06 (DayZ)

Standalone Feature: Allow us to put bikes on the back of vehicles.

We were driving around tonight and found a bicycle. We couldn't really pick it up because we were heading somewhere in a hurry. It would be sweet as hell if we would be able to mount bikes to the back of cars like we see in the real world.

Just a suggestion.

• Like 8

Totally agree, i too found a bike but i was alone with my car and i didn't fancy driving off to hide my car in whatever storage location was closest and then walking back to take the bike to another location etc.

Would make so much more sense if we could transport a vehicle using another vehicle.

Even tow trucks would be sweet to allow us to transport other vehicles around when you are short on drivers etc. I had, at one point in time, 6 different vehicles hidden around the map by myself. I never had far to go to grab a vehicle but it was pretty nightmareish to maintain my vehicle pool.

yeah man. Cargo carrying scripts in dayz would be sweet. I used a script in one of the domination missions I made that allowed you to load vehicles in vehicles, other weapons in vehicles. Not to mention the transport ability how choppers can carry vehicles. This would be best. However, a simple bike in a truck would work for me.

car bike rack could be added, find it in residential loot spawns, you need it to put a bike on the back of a car.

car bike rack could be added, find it in residential loot spawns, you need it to put a bike on the back of a car.

With the pick-up you need nothing.

Or you could open up the back and just have the bike lashed to a seat. You could probably fit a bike somewhere on most cars, but its a matter of how much technicality makes sense in a video game.

I was thinking you could even create the bike rack using savaged metal. Bike would just sit on the back of any vehicle like you see driving down the road on any given day.

Totally agree, i too found a bike but i was alone with my car and i didn't fancy driving off to hide my car in whatever storage location was closest and then walking back to take the bike to another location etc.

Would make so much more sense if we could transport a vehicle using another vehicle.

Even tow trucks would be sweet to allow us to transport other vehicles around when you are short on drivers etc. I had, at one point in time, 6 different vehicles hidden around the map by myself. I never had far to go to grab a vehicle but it was pretty nightmareish to maintain my vehicle pool.

You realise you can't actually tow a car that has no driver in it? (unless you are using some truck to put it on but that's not really towing).

yeah unless there is an actual tow truck, which would be sweet, I am just saying adding a bike rack basically. Tow truck would kick ass too though lol.

You realise you can't actually tow a car that has no driver in it? (unless you are using some truck to put it on but that's not really towing).

I said tow truck, not towing the vehicle and yes you can tow a vehicle without a driver if you lift the front wheels.

TowTruck.jpg

Just an example of one kind of tow truck i had in mind. Though more typical for the region would be:

boss-your-veyron-is-w.jpg

Minus the Veyron, you can't have that!

Just random google resuts from images, didn't bother picking the best images to illustrate.

yeah only need the bike rack for cars that wouldn't fit it like a GAZ but anything like ural, pickup should be able to put it in the back.

We were driving around tonight and found a bicycle. We couldn't really pick it up because we were heading somewhere in a hurry. It would be sweet as hell if we would be able to mount bikes to the back of cars like we see in the real world.

Just a suggestion.

The mod can do this now. Look at the wasteland mpmission for arma 2 CO. You can tow other cars and put bikes and ATV in the back of trucks as long as you have the space. Someone in the modding group needs to add this stuff to dayz and submit it to the mod team for approval. Also need to add the Flip Car from the wasteland mission and submit it . Seeing now the Community is now working on dayzmod and Dayz dev team is working on the standalone. This could be added very easy. I think the mod group for dayz right now is working on adding dogs though..

What you use to tow a car without another driver you use a tow bar. These hook up to the front of the car you are towing and to the hitch of the car doing the towing .. You then lock the wheel and away you go.. Easy.

Edited by Dobrowney