Sign in to follow this  
theirongiant

Who killed me?

I agree with Chabowski. There should be no death notifications of any sort. If you are hit hard and bleeding and manage to get away why give the shooter any indication of your status that they cannot observe for themselves? No death msg? They know you aren't dead and pissed that they tried to murder you and maybe out for some revenge. Make them come investigate their handywork in person. The instant notification of death destroys immersion.

Poprocks

theirongiant74 was killed

DingyBandit1 "Oy! Looks like ya got 'im!"

l34t$n1p3r "How do you know?"

DingyBandit1 "It was written in the sky..."

Theres already something like this just use the "Study Body" option if you wanna know who you killed, otherwise You die plain and simple I don't care who killed me I just want to move on

Plz no. Part of the game is that death can come anywhere. If we start doing this clanners will make it their personal vendetta to hunt certain people down. They already tried it with Frankie

Edited by harley001

Plz no. Part of the game is that death can come anywhere. If we start doing this clanners will make it their personal vendetta to hunt certain people down. They already tryed it with Frankie

Keyword here is "Tried" (with proper spelling too) since Frankie just turns on god mode when he is outnumbered.

No.

There should be no messages at all. Not even normal kill messages. Don't make DayZ a statistics war.

If I recall correctly, being able to tell who killed who was originally there in Arma II multiplayer but the mod (Rocket) removed it intentionally for drama and realism purposes.

@X0TCadde - I've had the same thing happen, except in the 5-10 minutes it took me to run to my camp, the guy had died, respawned, found my chopper and stolen it.

Needless to say, I was slightly suspicious.

But most (not all) private hives are hosted just so the admins can do what they want. Hacks and all.

Death messages shouldn't be included in DayZ at all, for the simple fact that after striving for immersion and authenticity, having everyone know when anybody dies, is a MAJOR step in the wrong direction.

Letting players know who killed them just turns our perma-death anti-game into arcade pish.

Death messages is already can be removed by the admins via server option when creating the server (along with choosing crosshair on/off, etc) Just change deathmessages=1 to deathmessages=0

Edited by GeneticFreak