Sign in to follow this  
Zorglomme

1.7.1 : spawn in middle of nowhere

Hi,

I've just patched OA in beta and dayz in 1.7.1.

-I can't no more join server in 1.7.0 : the game crash during loading.

-When i join server in 1.7.1, i've keep my previous stuff, but i spawn in middle of nowhere : no house, no threes, no environnements, just the ground under my feet. I've tried 10 servers in 1.7.1, same problem everywhere.

Pls help me, this pre-alpha game making me crazy.

Make sure you are using the latest beta patch. It's obvious you cannot join 1.7.0 servers since they aren't the same. 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 are 2 different versions and not compatible with eachother.

About the spawn in the middle of nowhere: Did you 'exit' the map as you were playing the previous day/week/month?

That's "debug wilderness" - various threads here (need tying up).

You have 3 choices. Start from scratch, run SE for 20mins OR get to the debug forest...

1. find server canada 2 (filter on "dayz _ canada 2" or something)

For some reason this gets you to the debug forest. Don't ask me how. EVEN if you get a client error (versions) ignore it.

2. Head EAST for 2KM. That's all.

3. Restart and connect to server of choice. You're back!

EDIT: brings you onto the map WEST of Zelenogorsk

Make sure you are using the latest beta patch. It's obvious you cannot join 1.7.0 servers since they aren't the same. 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 are 2 different versions and not compatible with eachother.

About the spawn in the middle of nowhere: Did you 'exit' the map as you were playing the previous day/week/month?

I use the latest beta patch' date=' downloaded from 30 minutes ago...

Yes, i've exit the last server i played properly.

You have 3 choices. Start from scratch, run SE for 20mins OR get to the debug forest...

For some reason this gets you to the debug forest. Don't ask me how. EVEN if you get a client error (versions) ignore it.

Mmh.

I use the latest beta patch' date=' downloaded from 30 minutes ago...

Yes, i've exit the last server i played properly.

Mmh.

Thanks dude, I think that worked for me. Will edit this post with results

EDIT: Did not work. I also tried running S-E in the plains but ran out of food and water and ended up just suiciding. After suicide I spawned in like normal, and was promptly chased by zombies.