Sign in to follow this  
RougeBronyNarwhal

why hasn't anyone tried trading

all the time i see bandits, medics, friendly's, snipers and wall flowers (people who avoid others at all cost w/out killing others) but why does no one just trade and part ways? in a zombie apocalypse a lot of people would like to run solo or with close friends, but they would still trade for things they can't get for things of value or some would horde things onto a truck or van exclusively to trade with others, i know there's trust issues, but if i don't have a weapon but i do have an engine or ammo etc. but i like being sneaky on my own, then it would help if trader was a viable profession in game (that is to say, people who set up shop in bases or heavily armored trucks full of stuff)

maybe rocket could have an incentive for trading (not an actual suggestion just part of my rant)

and before I forget, Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by RougeBronyNarwhal
  • Like 1

Who's to say trading doesn't take place? I have traded ... or at least tried to. usually what happens if I find someone brave enough to get close enough one or the other ends up giving something the other needs without anything in return. Then there was the time i save this kids ass in Balota (he had no weapon) from being eaten alive, i stop in the tress to patch myself up and ask if he needed anything. I open my pack only to see my stuff disappearing before my eyes. BOOM, one dead kid. Justice is swift and harsh

I guess you could consider me a trader. But I don't just walk right up to people to trade with them. I do dead drops.

Many times I have been in Cherno and after setting up the drop, I will mark the building with a few different colored chemlights, then tell them about a room that their requested item is in. From there they retrieve the item and then drop the item of my request where the other was.

I then get a vantage on the location. Watch the location and wait until he leaves the building. While keeping watch of him. Sometimes if I have a friend I get them to get the drop on them when they first enter the building an tell them to drop all weapons while they are in there. From there he holds him until I confirm the item is there, and they are on their merry way.

Although I've performed this I think 4 times, I've done it with a friend 3 of those times. I was burned once, and the guy tried to make a break for it out the door. I broke his legs and took his stuff and left him for dead. Funny thing is he had morphine on him too, and I stole that as well

If there was a good trading system in place maybe people would do it, but there is a faction/group on my server which has had this idea. I've traded myself and i think it's a great idea but not everyone wants to follow it.

I guess you could consider me a trader. But I don't just walk right up to people to trade with them. I do dead drops.

Many times I have been in Cherno and after setting up the drop, I will mark the building with a few different colored chemlights, then tell them about a room that their requested item is in. From there they retrieve the item and then drop the item of my request where the other was.

I then get a vantage on the location. Watch the location and wait until he leaves the building. While keeping watch of him. Sometimes if I have a friend I get them to get the drop on them when they first enter the building an tell them to drop all weapons while they are in there. From there he holds him until I confirm the item is there, and they are on their merry way.

Although I've performed this I think 4 times, I've done it with a friend 3 of those times. I was burned once, and the guy tried to make a break for it out the door. I broke his legs and took his stuff and left him for dead. Funny thing is he had morphine on him too, and I stole that as well

if you like i could help with the whole holding people at gunpoint until we confirmed the drop