Tigerr13

DayZ 1.7.1 Discussion - Others will be locked/deleted!

Alright, I would just like to throw this out there, the new changes in 1.7.1 are glorious. The game is what it should have been. It forces people to cooperate and play together and the real threat now is the zombies (that actually kill things now). I actually made a friend in-game today and traveled with them for a very long time. I was pleasantly surprised when he didn't shoot me on the coast and actually gave me ammo for the makarov I found later while he was protecting my ass from the zombies.

However, I notice people complaining that it's too hard, that they can't stealth and the game sucks because they can't adapt to the new zombie behaviours. I would like to say, Rocket please do not listen to cries of the few. I think most of us really enjoy the raised difficulty and love the mod even more! (I could be wrong, but from what I see that seems to be the consensus.)

Though, I would like to point out an issue that has been amplified with this update, (you said not to mention this because its a known issue already but I'm going to say it anyways :P) the wall attacking. It's even more brutal now because of the zombies increased attack range. Now even in larger buildings like the apartments in Berezino and some of the larger homes the zombies are hitting you from everywhere. Once this gets panned out the update will be flawless.

All of you haters crying that it's too hard; I hate to say it, but learn to play.

Shit just got real, and decent players are lapping it up! Hardcore Servers just got that bit more hardcore! see you on dallas 3

This update made me smile.

It's harder, but for good reason. Now it might actually not be a good idea to do a dark deed to a fellow survivor.

That, and bandits are no longer the main threat. Zombies are again!

This update made me smile.

It's harder' date=' but for good reason. Now it might actually not be a good idea to do a dark deed to a fellow survivor.

That, and bandits are no longer the main threat. Zombies are again!

[/quote']

That's the great thing about this update, it shifted a lot of the focus to the zombies again instead of just the deathmatching bandits. I enjoy it much more now.

After playing 1.7.1 since it came out (Long Night No Life :D) I've noticed that the game has increased in difficulty. Which is just my style. But apparently it isn't to most people on the forums. I can tell that most of the so called *Spidey Senses* of zombies is waaaay to exaggerated. I literary ran through Stary Sobor a couple zombies here and there aggro'd not to many more than before. People are saying that zombies are pretty much running from other towns to get them (Im exaggerating about exaggerations). This is simply not true. You can run into a building and out the back not a single zombie will follow you. Or it least none did the 30 or so times i did this. And after a while i died to a bug where zombies spawn instantly at deer stands. No big deal, Spawned outside cherno no gun or anything (Loving it btw) ran into cherno found an m16, double barrel shotgun (Which is awesome) m14 acog, ak 47 and a coyote elite backpack. Take in account that i found these items within 10-15 minutes of spawning.

Honestly I don't think that this patch ruined the game, although gun spawns could be turned down a bit and also zombie spawns do need to be fix'd but it's an alpha. Something many complainers have been told many times and it's true but people want it to work cause they bought the game and think that it's supposed to work the way they want it to and they want it to be the baby of Left for Dead and Call of Duty but its not and hopefully never will be.

Oh also the crawly zombies look like something off the ring and they scare me :)

/rant

I seriously doubt the spawnrates for all those items you found has gone up.

That was just the most sheer amount of luck ever. Should have gone all the way to the airfield and gotten a GPS, rangefinder, NVG, M107, and Mk48 while you were on it.

I often think people move too slowly once they are spotted or they are not practiced at jumping up and running, or having an exit path planned.

During 1.7.0, I did a little test.

Three lives worth, I just spawned, dropped everything, and ran. I ran down the coast road. On near full servers with 300-400 zombies. I ran for long periods. I ran through Balota, Kamenhka, Electrozavodsk, Chernogorsk. berezino.

I literally aggro'd every zombie that's I could find. Sometimes there would be scores chasing me.

Oh yeah, and I dropped all of my gear, backpack included, on the beach before I started.

Sometimes I died. But I was also able to evade them, even in the old mechanics, by running through a few barn buildings. I ended that life this morning, on an apartment rooftop in Berezino, in the dark, testing the new horde mechanics. I had a 1911 with three clips, and a Winchester with 5. A backpack full of food and supplies.

If I tried to hold my ground, or ran into a fence, or didn't have my path through town planned, then I got hit and bled out.

Only once was I shot by players.... Because I ran past them and brought my horde in their direction. I think they survived.

In any case, the old methods of crawl and crouch will give way to new methods, and no doubt there will be some tweaking to how the zombies act and react. Patience.

I think once the hotfix for this patch comes out and you get on a server actually running 1.7.1 instead of just claiming they are in the description the game has taken yet another step forward.

Maybe I'm a toddler then. No but seriously, maybe I ran into glitches/bugs but this update makes no sense to me. At first it seemed quite fine but when I alerted the first zed today close to a barn I went inside to deal with him which was no problem. The other zeds also got alerted when I fired my makarov so I had to deal with them as well. Unfortunately the zeds kept on spawning giving me no room to sneak out (there was always one on his way into the barn). After 50 zombie kills I had no more ammo and chose to make a run for it. It took me about 4 mins to lose them all in the woods.

Since I had no ammo left I went to a workshop in hope of finding something. I prone-walked up to the building but about 20m away 3 zeds charged out towards me (I would suppose this was due to some bug/glitch, since I couldn't be more careful and I couldn't even see the zeds through the wall). Either way I decided to take some advice to go upstairs in buildings and get out of their LOS which is what I did, I hid in one of the rooms on the third floor but they wouldn't stop their chase, I died.

I've also several times had zombies spawn just 2-3m away from me when I'm trying to sneak into/out of buildings.

I don't know maybe I'm doing something wrong but to me this patch feels kind of wrong if you know what I mean.

Is wayy better then before. Dont listen to all these little kids crying. It's much more fair now with no one starting with a weapon. And way more of a challange.

Good job!

Okay just flicking though these forums I'm seeing a lot of hate and I don't understand.

Okay so first off you don't start with a gun, this stops fighting on the beaches yes and okay if you so wanted you could go pick up a gun and come back to the beach but it's more than that. When you start you are defenceless, so sneak, run, hide. Get away from zombies and people and try to slowly patch together gear and perhaps a weapon. When I spawned today I had no weapon and I loved it! The thrill of running and hiding in Sol trying to find a winny or crossbow to get started!

Next up the zombie spotting, okay I can't speak for everyone but I can see people who are more than 50m in front of me, that means if I were to get ill with a zombie virus I WOULD STILL SEE FURTHER THAN 50m this just made the game more realistic by upping the power of zombies which was a much needed update. I just read a rage filled page about how the zombies where stupid as this is now a PvP game, no this is a zombie game. It's the fear that these creatures put in you that leads to you killing and looting your fellow humans. The fear is what makes the game!

The only problems with this update are as follows:

(that I have found)

1. Can't pick up new 2Rnd shots and Shotgun

2.Maybe performance issue but that may be server related.

3. The new attack Animation of zombies can be a bit odd as their legs get longer when they do it. :L

Good work Rocket and Devs this update improved the game in leaps and bounds and has relit my love for the mod! Also the new monkey running animation is so sweet! Also the way zombies looking away don't see you is sweet me and my friend got in and out of a town by judging which way they were looking and weaving around them!

HB

So let me get this correct, seeing as you made this a point that you think it's better for more realism, you want the game to be 100% realistic, or just using it to try and make your argument more mature?, or do you just want some realism, some gameplay balance?

NO weapons, No Water, No Food...the Zebs are hyper sensitive, aggro waaaaay too high. Zebs spawning ontop of you or always in your path so you have hell going anywhere.

Right now, everyone in chat is staying on the coast because it is near suicide to even try to go into town.

THis patch has KILLED the fun factor and made it nothing but work and frustration.

EDIT: Right now, I cant near any food or drink cause the Zebs are agrroing me from freaking 100yrds out. I am constantly running to water, only swim back, find more spawning in the area making it impossble once again, then run back to water....this is unacceptable.

FIX THE BUGS! DONT TWEAK THE GAME INTO NON-PLAYBLE GARBAGE!

Okay just flicking though these forums I'm seeing a lot of hate and I don't understand.

Okay so first off you don't start with a gun' date=' this stops fighting on the beaches yes and okay if you so wanted you could go pick up a gun and come back to the beach but it's more than that. When you start you are defenceless, so sneak, run, hide. Get away from zombies and people and try to slowly patch together gear and perhaps a weapon. When I spawned today I had no weapon and I loved it! The thrill of running and hiding in Sol trying to find a winny or crossbow to get started!

[/quote']

It also allows people with a weapon to mindless kill people on the coast, knowing that all they can do is rape them with a male masturbation toy to defend themselves. Also, 90% people don't join dark servers and in fact hate dark servers, so the chances of them using their fleshlights are fuck all.

ps. i know it's a flashlight.

1.7.1 releases. people cry it's to hard. (some are fine with it)

before the patch people would cry it's to easy. (some were fine with how it was)

It's like all of you came from the WoW forums. this is just what i'm thinking

It also allows people with a weapon to mindless kill people on the coast' date=' knowing that all they can do is rape them with a male masturbation toy to defend themselves. Also, 90% people don't join dark servers and in fact hate dark servers, so the chances of them using their fleshlights are fuck all.

[/quote']

I have never been mindlessly killed on the coast and also because you only spawn with painkillers and a bandage there is no reasonable point. Yes the point that some douche will want to kill for fun but some people are like that, and those people are generally hated by everyone including people with bigger guns, also re-spawn in a different spot?

So let me get this correct' date=' seeing as you made this a point that you think it's better for more realism, you want the game to be 100% realistic, or just using it to try and make your argument more mature?, or do you just want some realism, some gameplay balance?

[/quote']

I would love for the game to be 100% realistic but, that's not possible at the moment by anyone as such just simple additions like the eyesight and also ways to add greater fear and suspense such as no weapon and better zombies makes the game better and better!

It also allows people with a weapon to mindless kill people on the coast' date=' knowing that all they can do is rape them with a male masturbation toy to defend themselves. Also, 90% people don't join dark servers and in fact hate dark servers, so the chances of them using their fleshlights are fuck all.

[/quote']

I have never been mindlessly killed on the coast and also because you only spawn with painkillers and a bandage there is no reasonable point. Yes the point that some douche will want to kill for fun but some people are like that, and those people are generally hated by everyone including people with bigger guns, also re-spawn in a different spot?

So let me get this correct' date=' seeing as you made this a point that you think it's better for more realism, you want the game to be 100% realistic, or just using it to try and make your argument more mature?, or do you just want some realism, some gameplay balance?

[/quote']

I would love for the game to be 100% realistic but, that's not possible at the moment by anyone as such just simple additions like the eyesight and also ways to add greater fear and suspense such as no weapon and better zombies makes the game better and better!

Sigh..........

I've seen people with Helicopters strafing newbs on the fucking coastline. You think they really cared about expending precious fuel on a bunch of newbs? No.

In a post apocalyptic world where you're facing a bunch of defenseless survivors and your geared to the teeth in military gear, you're likely to kill them out of sheer boredom for shits and giggles.

First of Rocket, thank you so much for making this mod! It really is an incredibly game and i really really enjoy it a lot.

I think every change you made in 1.7.1 patch is great, the zombies are a lot more fun now, more challeing, but not at all too challeing. Why is everyone whining so much about the zombies? They are alot more realistic now, and if just not run directly in to them, then it is still pretty easy to sneak around them.

And thank you for at least trying with the "remove start gun". I was a little bit sceptic of the idea at first, but i think it is great that you use this Alpha period to try theese things out, i really think the feature works great.

My observations is that i am less likely to be killed at the beginning of the game now as i dont have anything valuable on me. And you can still find a gun fairly quick.

You are abseloutly going in the right direction with the 1.7.1 patch, and is very much looking forward to the next hotfix.

This post is mostly for me to express what i think of the direction of the mod. I see tons of people flaming this new patch. I just want to say, that this is abseloutly NOT the generic opinion of the patch.

I aint no hardcore Day Z player, and usually run around by myself or with 1 or 2 friends and we have a ton of fun now after the patch.

Keep up the great work. And please use this alpha to try out every idea you have! It is after all what a alpha is for!

Last: No you havent paid 30$ for Day Z, you have paid for Arma 2! Day Z just happens to be a free mod for the game. And yes Day Z is abseloutly free and in an alpha! So people god dammit stop whining about everything all the time.

Constructic critisim is veeery good, lets make the mod better :)

But i just see so many hate topics in here, i had to make a little thread about my own point of view.

See you all survivors out there!

First of Rocket' date=' thank you so much for making this mod! It really is an incredibly game and i really really enjoy it a lot.

I think every change you made in 1.7.1 patch is great, the zombies are a lot more fun now, more challeing, but not at all too challeing. Why is everyone whining so much about the zombies? They are alot more realistic now, and if just not run directly in to them, then it is still pretty easy to sneak around them.

And thank you for at least trying with the "remove start gun". I was a little bit sceptic of the idea at first, but i think it is great that you use this Alpha period to try theese things out, i really think the feature works great.

My observations is that i am less likely to be killed at the beginning of the game now as i dont have anything valuable on me. And you can still find a gun fairly quick.

You are abseloutly going in the right direction with the 1.7.1 patch, and is very much looking forward to the next hotfix.

This post is mostly for me to express what i think of the direction of the mod. I see tons of people flaming this new patch. I just want to say, that this is abseloutly NOT the generic opinion of the patch.

I aint no hardcore Day Z player, and usually run around by myself or with 1 or 2 friends and we have a ton of fun now after the patch.

Keep up the great work. And please use this alpha to try out every idea you have! It is after all what a alpha is for!

Last: No you havent paid 30$ for Day Z, you have paid for Arma 2! Day Z just happens to be a free mod for the game. And yes Day Z is abseloutly free and in an alpha! So people god dammit stop whining about everything all the time.

Constructic critisim is veeery good, lets make the mod better :)

But i just see so many hate topics in here, i had to make a little thread about my own point of view.

See you all survivors out there!

[/quote']

yupyup agreed. How people can complain about such an awesome free game is beyond me

Sigh..........

I've seen people with Helicopters strafing newbs on the fucking coastline. You think they really cared about expending precious fuel on a bunch of newbs? No.

In a post apocalyptic world where you're facing a bunch of defenseless survivors and your geared to the teeth in military gear' date=' you're likely to kill them out of sheer boredom for shits and giggles.

[/quote']

Change server, pick up some friends. Also I'm not sure about you're last paragraph are you saying that's what would happen in real life or whats happens in this game?

So far I'm loving the changes in 1.7.1, including all those people are whining about, but there's one of them I'm having a hard time to understand. Why zombie attack range was increased? Was that a requirement for some other fix or feature, or just a design decision?

I'm not even saying it's a bad thing, I'll just have to adapt, but I'd really like to understand why it was done.

Best thread on the forums right now, this update is amazing.