Sign in to follow this  
botsmen

Rocket and team take your time.

I don't think i'm the only one in thinking that you should take all the time you need to create the DayZ standalone.

I'm sure i speak on behalf of many members of the DayZ community when i say i would rather have a great polished game with all of the features you have mentioned in the past ; Dogs, new diseases, crafting and more buildings cities and locations, rather than have a half broken game with only half of them.

From what i have seen on various news articles you have had a lot of stress about multiple issues with the game such as 'WarZ' and a lot of forum grief, i don't think rushing to an end of year release date is whats needed. Coming from an experienced Dayz player i think a lot of us stand behind you taking a longer time to create a better experience.

• Like 2

I don't understand why people are making threads like this, I hope the forum staff start considering it as spam and brown nosing.

Edited by Draay
  • Like 2

we don't need another zombie themed game to flop because it's unfinished :rolleyes: I dont mind if it takes months from now as long as its done well

@ Botsmen. Im surprised you could find your keyboard with your head so far up Rockets ass. Even people like yourself, and I for that matter, want the Devs to take as much time as they need to perfect the game and are happy to wait till end of 2013 if it means a great game, but the frustration and anger from the community is because there was not enough communication. We are the ones that love and support his mod, and we also have respect for how much work they need to do. BUT it does not excuse the lack of communication to the DayZ community. Its obvious it's not coming out this year, where is the harm in just saying that or saying, "I don't know, but as soon as I do, you will be the first to know". We were made to feel like our suggestions and feedback were so important, and really what mod can you play and be able to directly address the creator on the Forums. I felt that the community was important to them, but now I don't know...

• Like 3

I've seen these posts countless times and its starting to get annoying. You want to play this game as bad as the rest of us.. otherwise you wouldn't be on the forums making posts like this. So stop being a fanboy and a poser. As many have said, its not the time that everyones mad about. Its the broken promises and lack of communication. If he just made ONE POST or even ONE SENTENCE to answer us instead of ignoring everyone.. he wouldn't be so "swamped with questions about SA" and he'd be less "stressed". He should not be stressed at all about the whole WarZ situation. This kind of stuff happens all the time in the gaming industry. Thats why theres been 50 WoW and COD clones. People will ALWAYS copy successful games to try and make money..Its just a matter of who makes it the best. WarZ is a piece of shit and so is that Russian idiot who made it. The Day Z mod is even better than it. But they released it early in order to beat Day Z SA and start making money. Soon it will have vehicles and new maps, which some might consider better than the mod. The longer Dean waits on launch, the harder it will be to compete with the slowly improving War Z. Which is why it needs to be released ASAP. Most people don't care who started the idea, they won't wait for this kinda game when theres one already out. He previously redid the map, the inventory, clothing, the weather system, zombies, and greatly optimized the game. THATS ENOUGH. As Rocket said himself, he needs to release a foundation, and add features along the way. Rocket has 2 deadlines, one from both Bohemia and WarZ. If it isn't released in a month or two, I fear WarZ will leave Day Z in the dust.

• Like 2

lack of communication!?!?

Try following Black Mesa for 5 years!!

Then you'll understand lack of communication!!

If there is one thing this community has is communication. Anyone who dosen't see this is blind or is looking in the wrong place. Just one of my posts the other day got a reply from rocket himself, stating he would not release the SA unless it was finished. problem is some people don't spend a lot of time here and don't see the communications going on.

There has been a hell of a lot more information from the sources than bigger title releases. rocket has many times and even in public stated what he wants to do for this game, just go and look at the suggestions threads. All those ideas and the ability to implement them into the SA will take time even for the simplest of them. I'm not a personal friend of rocket, but they guy is on Holiday, he is having time to relax, leave him to it, the only issue i have with rocket is his notable avoidance to "HIS" games' forums, he seems to prefer tweety and t'other one. Do you not think he is a little stressed due to not holding up his end of the bargain? rocket does not strike me as someone who would lie considering his ability to say what he thinks and not what the crowd want him to think.

No-one want's DayZ to fail. But on some levels it will fail, Have you all forgotten about the updates we had for the MOD? some of them were game breaking, I remember lots of players moaning and crying and leaving because they couldn't adapt and see the game beyond the faults and issues. How many times must we reply to those threads "Been away, has anything changed?" they still come back. People leave games all the time, but come back when they havent found what they are looking for in other games. (Look at all those who left here for Warzzzz, only to come back and switch allegiances)

Remember when the SA comes out there will be trial and error still as it will be a work in progress very much like the MOD (only a better knowledge and understanding of the new engine) Some of you seem to think the SA release will be a fully completed game, It won't. If you do think it will be a final product, then you are in for some pain.

It won't matter how long it takes, just let them do what they need to in order to get the job done.

There will be issues regardless o the time taken to release it, there will be tears. Deal with it, I don't see many of you even knowing how to do anything with regards to producing a game, It's easier to sit back and be judgemental.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

I've seen these posts countless times and its starting to get annoying. You want to play this game as bad as the rest of us.. otherwise you wouldn't be on the forums making posts like this. So stop being a fanboy and a poser. As many have said, its not the time that everyones mad about. Its the broken promises and lack of communication. If he just made ONE POST or even ONE SENTENCE to answer us instead of ignoring everyone.. he wouldn't be so "swamped with questions about SA" and he'd be less "stressed". He should not be stressed at all about the whole WarZ situation. This kind of stuff happens all the time in the gaming industry. Thats why theres been 50 WoW and COD clones. People will ALWAYS copy successful games to try and make money..Its just a matter of who makes it the best. WarZ is a piece of shit and so is that Russian idiot who made it. The Day Z mod is even better than it. But they released it early in order to beat Day Z SA and start making money. Soon it will have vehicles and new maps, which some might consider better than the mod. The longer Dean waits on launch, the harder it will be to compete with the slowly improving War Z. Which is why it needs to be released ASAP. Most people don't care who started the idea, they won't wait for this kinda game when theres one already out. He previously redid the map, the inventory, clothing, the weather system, zombies, and greatly optimized the game. THATS ENOUGH. As Rocket said himself, he needs to release a foundation, and add features along the way. Rocket has 2 deadlines, one from both Bohemia and WarZ. If it isn't released in a month or two, I fear WarZ will leave Day Z in the dust.

Seriously are you on drugs?

The guy is on holiday, do you call work when your chiling out on a bona fide holiday? you that sad? I don't recall a promise from rocket either, if the guy is going through issues let him work them out.

Nothing Warzzzz related will impact the SA. Warzzzz is doomed and will fail once the SA is out, fact. If anything the gaming industry is corrupt, remember the reviews Warzzzz got before release? all new and shiny goodness, only the other day the same reviewers were warning players to stay away for dear life. People are going to be waiting a long time for Warzzzz to improve. There is anough Steam (pun intended) for DayZ to ride the success of the mod and be a great title in it's own right. the recent (and future) negative publicity of WarZ will benefit the SA. (Why else are WarZ fans here waiting on news for SA?)

Rocket as far as i know is Bohemia, he works for them does he not? and Warzzzz is now considered an Industry JOKE.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

@ Botsmen. Im surprised you could find your keyboard with your head so far up Rockets ass. Even people like yourself, and I for that matter, want the Devs to take as much time as they need to perfect the game and are happy to wait till end of 2013 if it means a great game, but the frustration and anger from the community is because there was not enough communication. We are the ones that love and support his mod, and we also have respect for how much work they need to do. BUT it does not excuse the lack of communication to the DayZ community. Its obvious it's not coming out this year, where is the harm in just saying that or saying, "I don't know, but as soon as I do, you will be the first to know". We were made to feel like our suggestions and feedback were so important, and really what mod can you play and be able to directly address the creator on the Forums. I felt that the community was important to them, but now I don't know...

haha I'm glad that you have determined that these people, Hall in particular, have no excuse for their lack of communication. I'm sorry your majesty, I forget they were in debt to you and owed you anything. Oh wait...

haha I'm glad that you have determined that these people, Hall in particular, have no excuse for their lack of communication. I'm sorry your majesty, I forget they were in debt to you and owed you anything. Oh wait...

Ahahahah, thats funny seeing as Rocket himself has apologised and admitted that he didn't give us as much info as he promised. I'm sorry that you can't actually read or understand my post, I was trying to explain why myself and others in the community are frustrated. But once again if I am sooo off the mark, why did rocket say..."Obviously they aren't there yet and I promised that. I also promised more contact, and then I disappeared off the face of the Earth. Now isn't really the time to get into all that, so all I am going to do is say that on all those account I failed and I'll deal to those in good time.

I'm really sorry that on those three counts I've failed, hopefully in time the reasons will all make some sense and the end product will justify all the madness of this year. Now is not the time for me to rush out a tumblr update, nor rush out a build. Both of those will, for the moment, need to wait - and both mean I didn't do what I said I would." ---- Can you read that?????

I never said he owed me anything, I am just another DayZ fan that can't wait for the SA. :)

Edit: Did you join the forums just to have a dig at me... that's awesome and welcome to the community!

Edited by MarvelxGirl